Show off your Non GMMK PRO Builds

That is a long time to be waiting on something so close to you though. I had ordered a PC case fan from Corsair a couple weeks back and they shipped it from China so it got held up at Customs for a week and a half and it was the last fan that I needed to complete my PC upgrade but it finally did arrive. Now I’m just being lazy and haven’t put it in yet :rofl:

I give my mailman a bottle of wine every year around the holidays as a way to try to make sure my stuff isn’t super late or my vinyl records don’t arrive folded in half.

This package is coming by way of UPS, so whatever is going on up there must be nuts…

That is a snazzy idea @d3L7r0n also you where post 300!, the Non GMMK Pro Builds post is rocking

1 Like

Thank you! Yea, I really love the Ikki! I kinda wished I had the R2 one but however, this ones still nice and it was fun assembling it! I actually never intended on buying one but then I saw the extras and I felt like… I could not ignore this. I actually wanted an Ikki or a Zoom65 but now I will have both of em’ when my Zoom65 ships around mid August hopefully

2 Likes

Did you order it from Corsair directly? If so, that’s a bit interesting. I ordered my Corsair HS80 headsets and they came from America directly. But I guess for your fans, they didn’t had it in stock in America maybe?

Yeah I ordered it directly from Corsair.com. Yeah the must not have had the fans in stock in America or something

It’s funny, I live about an hour and a half from The Key Company’s warehouse and it still takes USPS 3-6 days to get me things once they pick it up.

1 Like

Haha that is crazy, you could just drive there and pick it up yourself and save everyone time haha

I’ve asked my local Post Master (is it Post Mistress if he’s a she?) about that exact type of observance. Apparently, they use specific trunking routes for efficiency. That obviously means something different to them then it does to us. I once sent a Christmas card to my neighbor, stamped it and put it in my mailbox. It was picked up by my local carrier and sent to the centralized Birmingham facility (about a hundred miles away), where it was promptly sent back to be delivered by the same local carrier three days later, lol. Now I just hand deliver the card each year.

UPS is the same way. I live in north Alabama, have ordered things from Oregon and watched it track from Oregon to Oklahoma, up to Kansas, over to Georgia, back to Tennessee and finally down to Alabama. Guess you can say it’s truck in efficient routing. :rofl:

2 Likes

Swapped the GMK 8008 clones onto the Q1, after I installed the FR4 plate:

Putting the GMK Taro clones on my ex-blue GMMK Pro

6 Likes

That looks really nice! Those GMK 8008 clones are beautiful, how is the FR4 plate?

1 Like

I am a big fan of all of the boards I have FR4 in. The FR4 plate in the Q1 is getting closer to the sound I’m looking for. Also like having the extra flex on there. Didn’t install the inside standoffs to really help it out.
Still have the Holy Panda X’s in there, but should have my OG Holy Pandas lubed and filmed by this weekend and will try those out, but really interested in trying the Glorious Fox switches in there because I think I really like this board with linears. I think the extra space at the top and bottom of this frame can lend itself to a nice, deep thock with the right setup… I think I’m getting close :pinching_hand:

1 Like

Very nice. I think I am just about happy with the fell of my GMMK 2 65%. I was thinking about trying a tape mod on it but first I want to get some Glorious Panda switches and see how I like those compared to the Glorious Fox switches (I love the Glorious Fox switches) then after doing that if I might try a tape mod. Have not done one yet so I am a little hesitant to try

1 Like

I have a while set of Glorious Pandas lubed and filmed and they are currently the Pandas to beat. The Holy Panda X’s are lubed and they aren’t bad, but the Glorious Pandas just seem to be more consistent, quality-wise, switch to switch. The Boba U4T’s I have in my GMMK Pro with the Taro keycaps benefited tremendously from being lubed from stock. Their housing tolerances don’t seem to be as nice as Glorious or DROP/Gateron.

I was contemplating on making some Holy Bobas as well, but I just have too many other things going on right now…

2 Likes

Just finished putting my GMK Drop + Redsuns Red Samurai Keycaps on my GMMK 2 65%

11 Likes

Really clean! Congrats! :tada:

3 Likes

Thank you, if you notice in that picture I have the ; key and ’ key switched around on accident but I have fixed that since the picture was taken 30 minutes ago lol

3 Likes

Lookin’ :fire::fire::fire:

Now, we’ll need a new thread where everyone shows off their builds with RedSuns GMK Samurai keycaps! :joy:

I think that set found it’s Forever Home on my GMMK Pro.

3 Likes

grid650 (65%)
PCB Mount: Gasket
Case: E-White
Plate: Aluminum
PCB: Wired/BLE Hotswap
Switches: Gazzew Boba U4T 68g (TriboSys 3203 Lubed, & Krytox GPL 105 Spring Lubed)
Stabilizers: DUROCK V1 (Krytox 205g0 & Super Lube Dielectric Grease)
Keycaps: Geekark Black on White
Artisan: Toptiginn Brass Keycap
Mods:

• PE Foam Mod
  • Tempest Mod (1 Layer of Masking Tape)
  • Holee Mod
  • Luke Mason Mod
  • Band-Aid Mod With KBDFans Foam Stickers
  • Spacebar Foam
  • Removed the PCB to Case Screws (10 Screws)
  • Force Break Mod (Electrical Tape)
  • grid650 Plate Travel Extension Kit
    Others:
  • ARRAY Module (Silver)
10 Likes

I love it! The grid650 was the first GB I truly regret missing

1 Like