Show off your Non GMMK PRO Builds

Love seeing all the gmmk pro builds and how creative everyone is. Don’t currently have a gmmk pro cuz I’m not a fan of the 75% layout but I love looking at keyboards so I’d love to see what other keyboard everyone else has built!

7 Likes

My latest build

Tofu60 w/ case foam pcb foam and carbon fiber plate
Red ink switches lubed
Durock V2 stabs lubed
KBDFANS Red Japanese pbt keycaps

10 Likes

SwitchCouture Alice, Matte Black. Lubed and filmed KTT Roses, GMK Henessey.

KBD75, Gateron Robin, lubed. MT3 Dasher.

Tofu65, lubed and filmed Gateron Black Ink V2. Awaiting GMK Star for the keycaps, currently has GMK Pulse (picture is Artifact Series Carnival).

Practice75 with stock Kiwis. Artifact Series Carnival.

Iced Rama Kara with lubed NK Creams. GMK Laser keycaps.

I’ve also built a few other Tofu65s for friends / family that I don’t have pictures of, and then I’ve built a few other KBDFans boards for people. I just find building keyboards relaxing.

I’m currently awaiting a Mode65 that should be shipping in December. Planning to put Turquoise Tealios (63.5g) that I lubed in that build along with either GMK Sparta or GMK Norse, but I do have a set of the Aluvia keycaps coming so maybe I’ll use that.

11 Likes

KBD8X MKII E-White, Brass Plate, Gateron Ink Black V2 with 78G springs and 205g0 lube and films, NovelKey Stabilizers, AKKO Psittacus keycaps.

10 Likes

Mountain Everest Max, Kailh Black Box switches lubed, AKKO Psittacus keycaps.

11 Likes

My GMMK, I replaced the stock foam with 1mm thick neoprene
modded the stabilizers /w band aid mod
Gateron Black switches (L/F)
Glorious Mechanical Keyboard Keycaps

This was my first build and I had a lot of fun doing it. I think it took me around 6 months to research, order parts, mod, and assemble everything. Im currently putting together a list to build my wife one as well, and save a few things for when I build my GMMK PRO.

17 Likes

Just a picture of my keyboard. All I did was change the keycaps on a White Ice GMMK.

15 Likes

BEAUTIFUL! :fire:

3 Likes

Looks gorgeous! I moved your post to this topic because I think more people will see it here , and it deserves to be seen :smiley:

4 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Not the best shot of it but heres the sound test with Kailh blacks. And yes the spacebar rattles (I’m working on it)

5 Likes

while i waited on my gmmk pro to arrive i 3D printed a custom case and hand wired my own keyboard and separate number pad! my gmmk tkl above it.

14 Likes

You 3D printed that case, then did all the internal wiring yourself, AND the numpad detaches?

2 Likes

yep exactly! then compiled the layouts and firmwares for each and flashed to a teensy board. each has its own usb cable. i can take more pictures later today

3 Likes

one sec
hey @Millions do we have an “above and beyond” badge yet? I think someone might have just set the bar

5 Likes

i did a full size 104 layout for the wife as well! :sweat_smile: :joy:

3 Likes

Looks like we may need to create one :open_mouth: hand wired??? Sheesh!

3 Likes

Holy crap!! :white_flag: I raise the white flag because I can not compete with this! Amazing job!! :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

yeah it definitely took some time! this one was around 255 soldered joints if i remember correctly! if im counting the control boards too lol it was worth it in the end!

2 Likes

you guys are too nice! :laughing:

2 Likes