Show off your Non GMMK PRO Builds

Swapped the GMK 8008 clones onto the Q1, after I installed the FR4 plate:

Putting the GMK Taro clones on my ex-blue GMMK Pro

6 Likes

That looks really nice! Those GMK 8008 clones are beautiful, how is the FR4 plate?

1 Like

I am a big fan of all of the boards I have FR4 in. The FR4 plate in the Q1 is getting closer to the sound I’m looking for. Also like having the extra flex on there. Didn’t install the inside standoffs to really help it out.
Still have the Holy Panda X’s in there, but should have my OG Holy Pandas lubed and filmed by this weekend and will try those out, but really interested in trying the Glorious Fox switches in there because I think I really like this board with linears. I think the extra space at the top and bottom of this frame can lend itself to a nice, deep thock with the right setup… I think I’m getting close :pinching_hand:

1 Like

Very nice. I think I am just about happy with the fell of my GMMK 2 65%. I was thinking about trying a tape mod on it but first I want to get some Glorious Panda switches and see how I like those compared to the Glorious Fox switches (I love the Glorious Fox switches) then after doing that if I might try a tape mod. Have not done one yet so I am a little hesitant to try

1 Like

I have a while set of Glorious Pandas lubed and filmed and they are currently the Pandas to beat. The Holy Panda X’s are lubed and they aren’t bad, but the Glorious Pandas just seem to be more consistent, quality-wise, switch to switch. The Boba U4T’s I have in my GMMK Pro with the Taro keycaps benefited tremendously from being lubed from stock. Their housing tolerances don’t seem to be as nice as Glorious or DROP/Gateron.

I was contemplating on making some Holy Bobas as well, but I just have too many other things going on right now…

2 Likes

Just finished putting my GMK Drop + Redsuns Red Samurai Keycaps on my GMMK 2 65%

11 Likes

Really clean! Congrats! :tada:

3 Likes

Thank you, if you notice in that picture I have the ; key and ’ key switched around on accident but I have fixed that since the picture was taken 30 minutes ago lol

3 Likes

Lookin’ :fire::fire::fire:

Now, we’ll need a new thread where everyone shows off their builds with RedSuns GMK Samurai keycaps! :joy:

I think that set found it’s Forever Home on my GMMK Pro.

3 Likes

grid650 (65%)
PCB Mount: Gasket
Case: E-White
Plate: Aluminum
PCB: Wired/BLE Hotswap
Switches: Gazzew Boba U4T 68g (TriboSys 3203 Lubed, & Krytox GPL 105 Spring Lubed)
Stabilizers: DUROCK V1 (Krytox 205g0 & Super Lube Dielectric Grease)
Keycaps: Geekark Black on White
Artisan: Toptiginn Brass Keycap
Mods:

• PE Foam Mod
  • Tempest Mod (1 Layer of Masking Tape)
  • Holee Mod
  • Luke Mason Mod
  • Band-Aid Mod With KBDFans Foam Stickers
  • Spacebar Foam
  • Removed the PCB to Case Screws (10 Screws)
  • Force Break Mod (Electrical Tape)
  • grid650 Plate Travel Extension Kit
    Others:
  • ARRAY Module (Silver)
10 Likes

I love it! The grid650 was the first GB I truly regret missing

1 Like

Alright, it has been some time coming, but here is my latest non-GMMK Pro build. This is the new Keychron Q8 with the Glorious Pink Grapefruit keycaps. Really like these caps, though I think I could maybe have gone for making it a more gradual transition so there was more of that orangey color in the middle. Spacebars are just the stock ones, sadly there aren’t small spacebars in the Glorious sets. Would also have liked a second 1U fn key and a second B key and maybe a specific Windows key instead of “code,” but oh well.

12 Likes

Sweet! Looks great, nice job. Very clean :smile:

First time really posting here, but I figure that the gang would appreciate this build!

Nearfield prototype cerakoted it’s a boy blue + EPBT Acid house + a 16 set custom commission of pink prisms from jankycaps

11 Likes

holy-shit-whats-happening

Glorious!

3 Likes

Whoaaa :star_struck: :star_struck:

1 Like

How are you liking the Q8? I just got mine in the mail today.

2 Likes

It has taken some messing with to get it sounding decent, but I think that’s kinda how it is with a board like that. Coming from the GMMK Pro, which kinda makes every switch sound similar, the differences between switches and different mods is huge on the Q8. For now, FR4 plate with PE foam and Aqua Kings is my favorite combo, but I was really hoping to switch to tactiles. More research needed there, I guess.

4 Likes

Here’s my DURGOD VENUS.

And here is how I made it better with a simple tip: Lubing DURGOD VENUS Gat Yellow with Krytox 205 - YouTube

7 Likes

Good to know! I’m putting some Drop holy panda X so hopefully I get some decent sound. I did order their FR4 so will look to find foam or sound dampening. Hopefully this one is not like their Q1 as that one sounded hollow and gave out a ping. Once I added a slab of sound dampening mat it helped a lot. Thanks again for your take on this!

1 Like