Show off your Non GMMK PRO Builds

I made some modifications to my Iron165. It’s now sporting GMK Fundamentals with some GMK Mr. Sleeves New Accents.

I think it looks fantastic and wanted to share. I’m normally the type that wants a bunch of novelties and whatnot, but this looks so clean.

5 Likes

That looks amazing :star_struck:

2 Likes

Just got this yesterday in the mail. Zoom 65 v2 purple.

• AKKO starfish switches (lubed).
  • Everglide v2 stabs
  • Nice PBT Galaxy keycaps.

This is the best sounding board I have ever owned. Great flex. It’s going to go very nicely with my work setup.

10 Likes

Beautiful build :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I picked up a FRL 1800 Cypher this week from the extras on CannonKeys. I knew I had to have it because it’s from Cable Car Designs, which also did the Angel (which is one of my favorite boards - I have 2 of them).

Anyway:

• Cable Car Designs Cypher in pastel purple
  • Owlab London Fog linear switches
  • TX AP long-pole stabs
  • GMK Monarch

I really like how Monarch played out on this board.

I wanted to do split spacebars, but the plates do not support it (only the PCB). Secondary to that, I wanted to do the 6U spacebar, but I didn’t realize that there are 6U wires! I figured it would just use the same wire for 6.25U. I was wrong. All these 6U spacebars kicking around that are basically useless :smiley:

8 Likes

That came out amazing :star_struck:

2 Likes

Absolutely stunning build. Very nice and congratulations on that beautiful keyboard.

1 Like

@Morbii great looking board you have there. How is the sound?

1 Like

@Morbii you look to be a collector of extraordinary keyboards!

1 Like

It sounds amazing. I have a carbon fiber plate on it and properly lubed staebies & banana splits. No foam or anything (not necessary).

I have built a second Tiger Lite! I liked my first one so much I decided to grab another to put extra switches and keycaps to good use. Built with Tecsee Carrots (205g0 on stem rails), MT3 Camillo, tuned Durock V2s (dielectric on balanced wires, 205g0 on stems, stab pads on PCB), and case and plate foam (no pre-cut tape sheet or PE foam sheet).

7 Likes

Built this off stream last night - Mode Envoy. Black case, gold accent/weight pieces, alu plate, Laguna Blue switches, GMK Redacted.

6 Likes

Oil Kings and Octupus key caps

6 Likes

Got my polychroma keycaps in…loving them :star_struck:

4 Likes

I can’t wait for mine to get here! Those look sharp as heck @jzaine7! Thank you for sharing :drooling_face: Tomorrow for mine and I promise my spacebar will surprise us all I think :wink:

3 Likes

I plan to start recording sound tests after each build, so I figured I’d start with the one I had done the most recent, which was that Mode Envoy build (Show off your Non GMMK PRO Builds - #720 by SentientTD)

1 Like

Have had my Envoy for awhile, but finally got my switches in for it.

6 Likes

My Envoy still hasn’t shipped :frowning:

I’m guessing Dozill is in the same boat as he hasn’t posted his yet, either (or I missed it).

Anyway, tonight I did my Keycult build. This is an exceptional board – even the way you tear it down and reconstruct it is highly impressive. Never seen anything like it.

• TX AP stabs with the usual lubing suspects
  • Stock Zeal Pearlio switches
  • Aluminum plate
  • GMK Pono

5 Likes

wooting 60HE with the new Polychromas!
:heart_eyes:

6 Likes

That looks amazing I might have to put them on mine as well :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

2 Likes