What is your favorite video game series?

I don’t know man, they’ve really been screwing the pooch as of late…

1 Like

I’ve got a couple that are all “Other”:

Mechwarrior
X-Com
Not sure it qualifies as a series but every new plane is basically a new game: DCS World

2 Likes

Fortnite

1 Like

Only the real ones would say Angry Birds :triumph:

2 Likes

Team fortress

2 Likes

StarCraft!

1 Like

XCOM!

1 Like

Mass Effect then Witcher. Can’t believe either of those weren’t on the list.

3 Likes

For me probably Final Fantasy, Baldur’s Gate, and Mass Effect, in that order. I’ve definitely spent most of my time with the FF series replaying 7,8,10, and then FFXI online which I played for years. I was also in beta for FFXIV thru to 2.0.

1 Like

I really like TITAN FALL. Such an underrated games and that not many people have played, in due part to EA being a trash publisher.

6 Likes

FAR CRY :slight_smile:

1 Like

I remember playing that first Titanfall all day when it released. I must’ve played like 40 games. I couldn’t get enough. Then EA really screwed up the release for the second one so it was criminally underrated. Now it seems like they’re ignoring the series even exists.

4 Likes

@Dexterous @Warheart1188 Titanfall was one of those games where if you knew, you knew. And you felt sorry for those who didn’t know. I will say there has not been a single game to capture the immersion of titanfall 1 enter and egress from your titan. And how jarring it is to try and eject just to see a giant hand break through your interface to pull you out and pulverize you.

Loved both and played those to oblivion. Still have the Xbox one titanfall 1 series controller. Those were my console days.

3 Likes

Titanfall 2 is the reason I got really invested in FPS titles, and the reason that APEX Legends is my main shooter. APEX is the closest thing I have to an active Titanfall game, and I would abandon it today if Titanfall 3 was coming out tomorrow.

Yeah @Warheart1188, EA really screwed the pooch when they decided to launch Titanfall 2 in the middle of the new CoD and Battlefield titles. Taking a new franchise that isn’t well established and dropping it smack dab in the middle of the largest FPS juggernauts was a bit of a misstep.

4 Likes

The borderlands series (1st one specifically) got me through a couple of HEAVY spots in my life. :saluting_face::purple_heart:

Everyone’s choices are valid though :slight_smile::+1:

1 Like

Same here, Titanfall 2 was my favorite game for so long until the servers became pretty much unplayable, it’s so sad that such a great game was doomed like that from the start. I don’t think I’ve played a multiplayer shooter and had as much fun as I did playing Titanfall 2. It had the perfect mix of everything, fun guns, amazing movement, shooting a giant ass mech, all purchasable add-ons were purely cosmetic, ugh it was such a good game!

3 Likes

Amazing thread. So hard to pick just one, but if you forced me to I’d have to pick Uncharted. Far from perfect, but just solid characters, solid enough gameplay loop, and a great story. The Last of Us is up there too, even though there has only been 2.

Going based on overall time played, I’d have to say Call of Duty. I barely play them anymore (combo of getting older, and recent ones have been kinda meh IMO), but man I sank some serious hours into that franchise from COD 4 MW through COD Infinite Warfare.

And there is always a special place in my heart for the Madden franchise. It’s gotten really stale as of late (they feel like glorified roster updates more than ever), but I used to love going to the midnight release every year. Getting together with friends, waiting in line, and talking football for hours until midnight, then playing til the sun came up.

3 Likes

Metal Gear Solid, no second thoughts for me.

4 Likes

Mass Effect Trilogy

4 Likes

Metal gear solid

3 Likes