What is your favorite video game series?

@guild_members I’m ready for your hot takes in the replies :fire: :boxing_glove: :fire:

• Call of Duty
  • Final Fantasy
  • Legend of Zelda
  • Pokemon
  • Mario
  • The Elder Scrolls
  • Resident Evil
  • Halo
  • God of War
  • Other (Comment Below!)

0 voters

5 Likes

Battlefield!

3 Likes

I picked Call of Duty but I would really be a tie between CoD and The Elder Scrolls. CoD for FPS and The Elder Scrolls for RPG and MMORPG. Also you got the Diablo Series, Red Dead Redemption Series, and The Witcher Series that are another few of my favorites for RPG’s. Can’t wait for Diablo 4 to release

3 Likes

Watchdogs :eyes: :dog2:
There are lots of good game series but most have bad apples that make it hard to choose.

3 Likes

I will put a caveat with my choice. Halo holds a very special place in my heart. The amount of times I’ve played Halo: CE campaign and multiplayer with friends via LAN parties is plentiful. Also, Halo 2 multiplayer was near ritual when in college.

However, the last few releases have been severely disappointing. I still picked it as my favorite for nostalgia, but it has been slipping.

5 Likes

Easily Kirby, always enjoyed the games as a kid and the newest one released earlier this year on Switch was amazing

3 Likes

As a collective series of games, Halo without a doubt. That’s not to say that there are no good options in the poll, but Halo was a large part of my childhood because my friends and I would huddle around the TV for some good ol’ couch co-op.

Nowadays, I’d say the Red Dead Redemption games (mostly 2 though) are my favorites. Forza and TC’s GRAW games are other strong contenders for me.

2 Likes

I never actually played through the whole series for any of those. Out of what you listed, I have the most time in Elder Scrolls though thanks to ESO.

For video games overall, my most played is definitely Overwatch. Probably close to 2000 hours in it.

4 Likes

Mass effect trilogy has to be mine. Replayed these games way too many times.

5 Likes

Tomb Raider

4 Likes

Demons’/Dark Souls games. I like the exploration style and the light hamd they usually use with storytelling.

4 Likes

I feel that 343 genuinely tried with Halo 4 and it’s been downhill since then. They maxed out the 360’s graphics capabilities and did a good job (IMO) of expanding upon existing lore and exploring new ideas. That said, multiplayer was a dumpster fire. Halo 5 saw greed set in and it’s only gotten worse. It’s clear to me that Halo is just a money maker riding on reputation, which is sad because Infinite had (and still has) so much untapped potential.

2 Likes

Anyone else say the red dead redemption games? I enjoyed both games heavily and also replayed rdr2 recently and it’s still so good!

4 Likes

In the end, Infinite wasn’t actually all that bad and was a vast improvement over 4 and 5. I’ve been replaying all the Halo games lately, and as much as I remembered enjoying them, they haven’t been all that fun on a replay. Hoping when my buddy joins for co-op it brings some enjoyment back to shoot the shit while playing.

I voted Legend of Zelda because Ocarina of Time was one of the first games I ever played (my parents got me an N64 along with OoT and Goldeneye) and I still replay that game yearly (and Majora’s Mask was amazing as well, but I don’t find myself replaying that one as often).

2 Likes

Mass effect , gears , fallout , or tomb raider didn’t make the list ? Wtf?

7 Likes

All great choices! Fallout definitely holds a special place in my heart.

5 Likes

I’m gonna say something blasphemous… I’ve never played mass effect, gears, or fallout…

4 Likes

It would have to be NieR for me

4 Likes

Ace Combat is my #1
Halo is a good close #2

2 Likes

Not an easy choice at all but I went with CoD. CoD 4 through to Black Ops 2 was the golden age of multiplayer imo, but Zombies is where it truly shines. So many all-nighters playing split-screen. Simpler times.

Honourable mentions: Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell, & The Witcher.

3 Likes