What is your favorite video game company?

I shouldn’t have a favourite because companies will always prioritize profit before the players. But Valve has been doing great with right-to-repair and respecting their userbase (though, they can be aggressive in taking their cut from game revenue). Also, From Software and Naughty Dog games are just straight up art.

2 Likes

Say what you will about Destiny 2. But Bungie are pretty amazing as far video game companies go. Such as most recently supporting their employees to get the health care they need, and in general have a long history of amazing charity work. There’s also the lawsuits fighting against cheaters and false DMCA takedowns. They are also pretty open with their community via TWABs and such, even despite constant death threats/harassment by losers on social media.

As for the game itself, well I love it. Clearly:

There really isn’t any other game like Destiny 2. I love Borderlands as well but that lacks the MMO elements. (not necessarily a good or bad thing) The Division is similar as well but also different in both good and bad ways. (I also just prefer Sci-Fi type stuff in general)

I also think that Destiny has some of the most, if not the most satisfying shooting gameplay in the whole industry. I struggle to think of any other game where it’s more satisfying to shoot things than in Destiny.

The latest content with The Witch Queen has been pretty banger as well. Some would argue Destiny is better now than ever. The Witch Queen’s campaign is the best Destiny campaign they’ve made and one of the best things Bungie has ever made in general. Better than Halo CE in my opinion. (not better than Halo 2/3, but then again what is?)

So yeah, they aren’t perfect but I think Bungie generally makes good decisions and I’m proud to support them.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk. Sorry I’m just kinda passionate about this kind of thing I guess, hopefully wasn’t too rambley. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I remember at the beginning of Apex I bought Titanfall 2 because I had heard it uses some of the same guns (as someone new to Respawn stuff I had no idea) and boy was that a crash course in not knowing WTF was going on.

2 Likes

There really are bo wrong answers, but if Arkane makes it, I’m pre-ordering it and playing it like someone who is possessed.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever had more fun in a video game than I did when I played titanfall 2. The movement is just so satisfying and all the guns are fun to use :grin:

5 Likes

Grinding Gear Games.

The makers of Path of Exile. I’ve been addicted for 3 1/2 years now.

1 Like

So here I go. Firstly, Mega man, Monster Hunter, Marvel vs capcom, The original fighting game, street fighter, bionic commando, devil may cry, darkstalkers, resident evil, rival schools, viewtiful joe, final fight, and ghosts and goblins. Capcom is my vote fasho! Showing my age, but i’m also a hugh fan of Bethesda, because Fallout, and Gearbox, for Borderlands, definitely can’t forget Bungie for Halo and Destiny. As much as i’m not a fan of Activision Blizzard, i will end this by saying “Hello my friend, stay awhile and listen!” Diablo is awesome.

2 Likes

Digital Extremes, for me. The folks behind Warframe. :smiley:

3 Likes

Larian Studios

1 Like

puppet-combo-vhs

2 Likes

This is hilarious. The one thing it appears we all can agree on is our love of keyboards and/or mice. Outside of that we have some very divergent interests. I love the variety

2 Likes

fromsoftware would go under bandai namco. Im very suprised how people dont know this after all these years.

1 Like

ROFL i always forget that!

I would have to say Visceral Games (R.I.P. Dead Space)

5 Likes

Dead space freaked me out first time I played it. I learned early on if you stomp repeatedly he makes the exact noise I would if I was in a rage for having things jump out and try to kill me.

6 Likes

Wish I could vote for Nintendo too. Even Rockstar. But I mainly play Bungie games (well, really only Destiny 2 lol).

2 Likes

Rockstar has broken my heart so many times, but I keep takin’ them back. Was really looking forward to the Red Dead Redemption remaster… Would love to see another L.A. Noir game as well.
A modern Manhunt would be nice too…

1 Like

So I have a bit of hearing loss, and I was kind of casually playing through Dead Space. I was enjoying the game, but wasn’t sure why everyone said it was so good.
Somewhere around maybe 6ish hour mark of my playthrough is where I got my first quality set of headphones. As soon as I was able to hear all the extra sounds in the environment, it became a “lights on in the house” game.

3 Likes

Haha! That’s fantastic.

I remember there was a part where you could see one of the monsters standing still at a particular angle. Even though I could see it, the moment I triggered it to move, the music has a sharp string instrument and I jumped even though I knew it was coming. Audio is critical for games like that.

3 Likes

I could rant about most video game companies sadly, but some that I only have good things to say about as of now would be Rare, Respawn Entertainment, Bungie, and Mojang. I am very much worried for Respawn tho because of EA. I love a lot of games made by many other companies but sadly a lot of them have a ton of internal issues or have been going more for money than making great games or just being Nintendo and not getting with the times with internet services. Overall, I’m hopeful that media shedding light on those issues and sadly even court cases will make companies get their act together.

1 Like