What games did you grow up on/feel nostalgic about?

Gran Turismo!

3 Likes

I may sound old but man clocked so many hrs on the Atari 2600 and the OG Mario Bros on Nintendo. Still have it and still works :slight_smile: Stay gaming my friends!

2 Likes

I think Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Adventure Battle 2, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Unleash. Sonic and the Black Knight and a bit other Sonic games is something I feel nostalgic about and heavily grew up with. I ended up drawing so many characters from Sonic and always loved the soundtrack. Sometimes I listen back to some Crush 40 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have been gaming for some years. Doom as in the original on floppy so like the shareware version and full version. Mech Warrior, Duke Nukem, X-wing Vs Tie fighter and Descent are a few good olā€™ oldies.

1 Like

For me I think, in order of when I started playing them. Probably Street Fighter and all itā€™s variants up until Alpha 2. (At the arcade) After that the next most nostalgic game is probably the Baldurā€™s Gate series, Tales of the sword coast thru to ToB. Lastly but the game I love the most and have been playing off and on for years, and still to this dayā€¦ Final Fantasy XI! Absolutely love that game,

1 Like

Wasnā€™t X-Wing vs Tie Fighter the one that had you open the manual to a certain page, and enter a word to start playing? Man, the hours I spent playing old Mech Warriorsā€¦ actually, the hours Iā€™ve spent playing NEW Mech Warriors.

I remember needing to qualify for your license in that game. The undulating test was very difficult for me. But the word undulating was always very satisfying to say.

1 Like

Did anyone ever play Rallisport Challenge 1 or 2? I think those, specifically 2, were the best blend of arcade style rally racing while still being remarkably challenging. If I took my hand off the steering controls for even a brief moment it would cost me the race. Constant input control.

1 Like

Zelda; metal gear; battle toadsā€¦
Sadly some games arenā€™t as good as before but still gives good memories.

4 Likes

Chrono Trigger was mine I got the majority of my characters to level **. Wore out the play guide and I ā€œthinkā€ I saw all of the endings.

2 Likes

Battle toadsssssssssssssssssss :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

SNES era games main consoles I used back then when we moved it got lost some howā€‹:sob::sob: mom didnā€™t care as much but older bro bought the newly released ps2 and my next journey unfolded.

Descent was awesome. I spent hours playing that game.

Iā€™ve been gaming for a loooong time. There are a few games that always bring back happy memories and I know Iā€™ve had at least 100 hours of playtime on them. Iā€™ve limited my list to pre-2005-ish. Yes, my list is long; but Iā€™m old and reminisce about these games all the time.

• NES:
    • Dragon Warrior
    • Castlevania II: Simonā€™s Quest
  • GameBoy:
    • The Legend of Zelda: Linkā€™s Awakening
    • Pokemon Red/Blue
  • Super NES:
    • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    • MegaMan X
  • Nintendo 64:
    • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    • GoldenEye 007
  • PS1:
    • Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    • Metal Gear Solid
    • Medal of Honor
    • MediEvil
    • Spyro the Dragon
  • PS2:
    • Grand Theft Auto III
    • Kingdom Hearts
  • Genesis:
    • Earthworm Jim
    • X-Men
  • XBox:
    • Fable
  • PC:
    • Deus Ex
    • Diablo II
    • Starcraft
    • MechWarrior II: Mercenaries
    • Baldurā€™s Gate
    • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
    • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    • Outlaws
    • Myst
    • Riven
4 Likes

These are the games I remember fondly, mainly because they are some of the first games Iā€™ve played of their genres or they are games I played with frequently with friends.

• Consoles:

• Crash Bandicoot
    • Spyro
    • Gran Turismo
    • Metroid
    • Pokemon (gen 1 - 4)
    • Harvest Moon FoMT
  • PC:

• DOTA
    • CS 1.6
    • GTA: SA
    • Mabinogi
4 Likes

Love coming back to this thread and reading through posts. I recently was asked about the first PC gaming experience and that had me all nostalgic. And while there were some random games prior to this that I played, the first PC game I really sank some hours into was the original Doom.

I remember installing that thing from 5 or so 3.5" floppy disks. And the strangest part about it all was that I played it on an old Thrustmaster Flight Simulator joystick. Oddly enough, it worked very well for that game since there wasnā€™t a y-axis. Push forward and backwards to move. Left and right to turn. Then I would hold the lower button with my pinky to strafe. Pull the trigger to fire.

2 Likes

You know, seeing that flight stick made me think about something. Does anyone remember a game called Steel Battalion?

Game was played on this abomination of a controller that had like 25+ buttons and 3 pedals.

6 Likes

Speaking of OG Doom: did anyone else play and love Chex Quest?

Iā€™m so glad I never got that game. Such a waste having that controller for one gameā€¦

Yeah, I donā€™t recall it being a particularly fun experience. Just to many things to micromanage, and the fact that you lost progress if you didnā€™t eject in time was really annoying.
Someone I worked with asked if he could borrow it for a weekend to check it out, and then moved a week later.