Show off your Non GMMK PRO Builds

Been slowly experimenting with new switches and keys as i slowly dip my feet into the full mechanical keyboard modifying experience. I got a Cherry, Outemu and Gateron switch testers and realized that I really prefer linear switches best. I really need to give speed silvers a try because I think that would be my personal favorite.
The base for this is a Dierya DK63 with red switches.

I present to you, my BulbaBoard.

After my time with a 60% keyboard without dedicated arrow keys I realized that just wouldn’t do. Same with spending a bit of time with blue switches.

The bulbasaur themed keys are part of a “japanese cherry frog” :wink: keyset I got off of aliexpress. The majority of the keys are a green pudding keycap set that I also got off aliexpress. I kept the WASD purple and a few of the other keys in their original colors to replicate the “spots” on Bulbasaur (Also because this keyboard has some particularly devilish keyboard combos for necessary functions like switching from usb to bluetooth.)

I’m probably gonna attempt to lube these in the future methinks.

5 Likes

@Syl love it….Definitely recommend lubing the switches once I started lubing my switches I can’t go back to unlubed switches.

1 Like

These are my favorite builds. Minimalistic, attention to small detail, and the color matching is absolutely gorgeous. Top tier work @jzaine7, this is beautiful.

2 Likes

Ended up finally doing something with the extra KBD67 PCB I had lying around (yet another Tofu build…). This time I decided to try my hand at soldering in Mill-Max sockets (0305); intentionally used this board since it was cheaper and I didn’t want to risk somehow ruining one of my other boards. Was an interesting experience; went with the larger ones this time since I had never done it, but might try my hand with the 7305 sockets in the future. No picture, but Acrylic case, GMK Pulse. Stock Milky Black Gateron Yellows since these were just for making sure I didn’t possibly lose a more expensive switch during the process.

3 Likes

Here’s a recent group buy build that i almost forgot i ordered because it took so long to get (read: 8 months).

Ikki68 Aurora in Charcoal Black

• Drop+Matt3o MT3 “Susuwatari” keycaps
  • Durock Linear 62g switches lubed with 205G0
  • PC plate
  • OA stabilizers lightly lubed with 205G0

Not the biggest 65% fan, but not many other options in 75% in this style board. Quite like the stock typing experience though. The Wuque studio logo was a small metal plate I’m assuming you’re supposed to sandwich in between one of the silicone layers but there’s not really a place it keys in so you have to arbitrarily place it (no instructions were provided with this kb). So i just placed some adhesive on the back of the plate and placed it on the outside of the case. I actually kind of like how it looks :rofl:

4 Likes

Recently built this and it’s now one of my favorite keyboards. It’s an ikki68 with durock pom and OA stabs. The pom switches really adds a nice thock to the board. I just like having a separate navigation cluster and arrow keys, so it’s my happy spot between 65% and 75%/TKL.

9 Likes

Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro L (Full)
PCB Mount: Pre-Built
Switches: Cherry MX Brown
Stabilizers: Lubed wires with Super Lube Dielectric Grease
Keycaps: OEM Profile HyperX Double Shot Pudding White PBT

YMDK (Number Pad)
PCB Mount: Tray
PCB: Wired Soldered
Switches: Gateron Brown
Keycaps: Cherry Profile Dye-Sub PBT
Others: Switch LED: Ice Blue
Underglow LED: Ice Blue

Glorious GMMK Compact (60%)
PCB Mount: Modified Top
Case: Black
PCB: Wired Hotswap
Switches: Kailh Box Jade (Krytox GPL 105 Lubed Springs)
Stabilizers: Clipped Stock Plate Mount (Krytox 205g0 & Super Lube Dielectric Grease)
Keycaps: Cherry Profile ENJOYPBT Blank White
Mods: Band-Aid Mod With KBDFans Foam Stickers
Spacebar Foam

NK65 EE (Milkshake Edition) (65%)
PCB Mount: Modified Top
Case: NK65 EE (Milkshake Edition)
Switches: NovelKeys Silk Yellow (Recolored) (Krytox 205g0 Lubed, Krytox GPL 105 Spring Lubed, & Kebo Filmed)
Stabilizers: NK_ Plate Mount (Krytox 205g0 & Super Lube Dielectric Grease)
Keycaps: Cherry Profile Milkshake Edition Dye Sub PBT
Mods: Tempest Mod (2 Layers of Masking Tape)
PE Foam Mod
O-Ring Mount Mod
Band-Aid Mod With KBDFans Foam Stickers
Stupidfish Designs Plate Foam
Spacebar Foam
Masking Tape on Spacebar Plate Openings

KBDFans TOFU 60 (60%)
PCB Mount: Tray
Case: Aluminum Dark Cyan
Plate: Brass
PCB: Wired DZ60RGB V2 Hotswap (ANSI)
Switches: ZealPC Zealios V2 67g (TriboSys 3204 Lubed & Kebo Filmed)
Stabilizers: DUROCK V1 (Krytox 205g0) (Right Shift key has extra Super Lube Dielectric Grease injected)
Keycaps: Cherry Profile Dye-Sub PBT
Mods: Tempest Mod (3 Layers of Masking Tape)
O-Ring Mount Mod
Holee Mod
MKUltra Plate & Case Foam
Spacebar Foam

Ikki68 Aurora (68%)
PCB Mount: Gasket (Poron)
Case: Charcoal
Plate: Black Aluminum
Switches: DUROCK T1 (TriboSys 3203 Lubed, Krytox GPL 105 Spring Lubed, & Kebo Filmed)
Stabilizers: OA (Krytox 205g0 & Super Lube Dielectric Grease)
Keycaps: SA Profile Domikey Black on Black ABS
Mods: Tempest Mod (3 Layers of Masking Tape)
Removed All Optional Gasket Mounts
Holee Mod
Spacebar Foam
Badges: Ikki68 Aurora Bespoke Badges (41-62) / 62 / Gold
Ikki68 Aurora Community Badges / 001 - The Great Wave / Gold

grid 650 (65%)
PCB Mount: Gasket (Poron)
Case: E-White
Plate: Aluminum
PCB: Wire/BLE Hotswap
Switches: Gazzew Boba U4T 68g (TriboSys 3203 Lubed & Krytox GPL 105 Spring Lubed)
Stabilizers: DUROCK V1 (Krytox 205g0 & Super Lube Dielectric Grease)
Keycaps: MT3 Profile Matt3o Susuwatari
Mods: PE Foam Mod
Tempest Mod (1 Layer of Masking Tape)
Holee Mod
Luke Mason Mod
Spacebar Foam
Removed the PCB to Case Screws (10 Screws)
13 Likes

Decided to put together a new 60% build for gaming. Always wanted to do an acrylic build. Specs:

Tofu 60 Acrylic
BM60v2 Poker PCB
Durock v2 screw in stabs (lubed/bandaid mod/holee mod on space bar only)
Bolsa FR4 Universal 60% plate
Akko Matcha Green switches (lubed w/ Glube)
Custom silicone case dampener
No plate foam
Mistel Keycaps

Overall pretty happy with it. Love the Matcha Greens, but I’ve been thinking about picking up the Tecsee Ice Candys to throw in here. Definitely want some different keycaps on here, but not sure which ones yet. If anyone has any suggestions or favorites, please feel free to recommend.

I have another 60% PCB, but I don’t know what case I want to put it in. So if anyone has any suggestions for a cool 60% case, please let me know.

9 Likes

Thought I wasn’t going to pull the trigger on another keyboard but wanted to try it. Here is my Keychron Q1.

Glorious Lynx switches lubed with krytox 205g0
KBDFans Switch Pads
Half Glorious Black ash and Ocean keycaps (they match the Lynx switches :slight_smile: )
Gateron Inks V2 Stabs lubed with Krytox XHT-BDZ

My GMMK Pro feels way better and doesn’t sound hollow like the Q1. Will be playing around with more mods to see if I can make it sound better. Overall its not bad.

6 Likes

@MannyM15 :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

2 Likes

yo what are those keycaps I want to cop somma those bad bois

2 Likes

I got it from Amazon. Though I believe Etsy and Ebay also sell these.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PBXP119

2 Likes

I was super curious how the Q1 was. And as always your keycap selection is great. Let us know what mods you try. I just tape modded my Pro over the weekend. I ended up cutting away the tape behind the space bar as it had a weird sound otherwise.

Hat is off to you on another beautiful build

2 Likes

I’m currently driving a Sofle RGB with Aqua Kings and NP Crayons, while I’m waiting on a few other boards to arrive

10 Likes

@kaleid :fire: :fire: :fire:

1 Like

:star_struck: :heart_eyes: :star_struck: this is awesome

2 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I don’t know what this is but I need one :heart_eyes:

1 Like
  • Rama M60-A Seq 2 Milk
    • Gold back weight
    • Internal weight