Show off your Non GMMK PRO Builds

Zoom TKL -
Aluminum Plate
WS Stabs (Krytox 205g0 & Dielectric Grease)
C³ Equalz Tangerine Switches (67g)
Case & Plate Foam
GMK Civilization Keycaps

10 Likes

Looks fantastic! That bottom piece is beautiful :heart_eyes: and great choice going with GMK Civilizations to match the gold color

3 Likes

Thank you, I have been sitting on GMK Civilization for 3 months now waiting for the Zoom TKL and I am so happy with how it turned out

I have an extra Navy Backplate on it’s way to me and it should be here Monday and I am still waiting for them to send my FR4 Plate and Internal Weight

I have the NicePBT SoyaMilk Keycap set to go along with the Navy Backplate if and when I decide to try it out

3 Likes

Today I re-built my Noctua keyboard using the KBDfans Tiger Lite, which has turned out to be a truly amazing keyboard. After about 30 minutes of use I’m wondering why I bother using anything else because the value of the Tiger Lite is just insane. I’m super glad I went with this instead of the Keychron V3, and the improvement over the NK87 EE that was replaced is huge.

This is my first time using Staebies and so far, so good. They were a bit annoying to assemble but seem to be working great.

6 Likes

I’ve completed my Iron165 build!

I’m a little miffed that I didn’t notice that GMK Metropolis didn’t have a “turnpike” special stepped caps, but I would have used a stepped caps anyway since I absolutely love them.

I also realized that I ordered the ANSI version. I have since fallen in love with Tsangan, so I went ahead and ordered the Tsangan plate so I can switch it up later if I want.

Specs:

• Smith & Rune Iron165 R2 Graphite ANSI layout w/ stainless steel PVD mirror weight and badge.
  • Carbon fiber plate.
  • Staebies 2.1 lubed with 205g0 and XHT-BDZ on the wire.
  • C³EQUALZ Banana Split switches lubed with 205g0 and 105 on the bottom housing, with 105 on the spring (lubed by my local lubist).
  • GMK Metroplis R2 + RAMA

And see @BoomerFingers, you’re not the only decrepit old man here :smiley:

9 Likes

This is such a beautiful build! Congrats and sound test when? :star_struck:

You tagged me! You sum-ma-ma-biscuit! :rofl:

LUKATIM!
AARP GANG 4 LYFE! RIGHT, @Morbii?!
You and me buddy (others too). Getting older and wiser.
Feels stronk man.:muscle::smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Been on a 60% kick as of late…

Vertex Arc60

• Aluminum Plate
  • Mid-plate foam
  • Emogogo Hybrid Linears (LnF’d)
  • Staebies V2 (XHT-BDZ/205g0)
  • GMK WoB
  • Mr. Maw Mr. Hunter “Fallen Angel” artisan

Feels good, man… Really been enjoying the stuff Emogogo has been offering. These are basically standard pole BCPs…

Have recently swapped them out to Parallel Pewters because I want to take some tactiles for a ride…

6 Likes

The board look beautiful choom, great job.

The Arc60 has been on my radar a few times. If I was not on this budget that I am on right now I would be on a 60% kick as well for sure. The Frog Mini and the Parallel Snake would be two other 60% that I would love to get.

Plus, I am saving for the Zoom75 at the end of March, so I have to restrain myself from buying all these beautiful 60% Keyboards

Did you see the Swiss/Moon 60% HHKB? [IC] Swiss | A Cheese Keyboard! (GB: February 10th - March 10th) (geekhack.org)

6 Likes

HHKB is probably the only format I will avoid Ctrl is far too important to me

1 Like

My goodness @d3L7r0n! That Arc60 is just too sharp. Got me thinking about snagging some kind of 60/65% soon :thinking: I do miss that lil bit of extra desk space…

That moon one tho :new_moon: :exploding_head:
Thanks for the heads up @Dozill! :smiley: May have found the new board to go in on!

2 Likes

Yea man, happy to help. The Moon board is freaking amazing looking isn’t it! I would for sure be jumping on it if, again, I wasn’t on this darn budget and saving up for the Zoom75 lol

@rice Yeah I feel you there, Ctrl is a very essential Key for me as well but I would like to have at least one HHKB in my collection at some point and the Moon or Swiss board would have been a nice one to get because of how unique it is

1 Like

Generally, on HHKB, Caps Lock goes away and becomes Ctrl.

2 Likes

Yeah I sorta figured that was the case I just mean left Ctrl in it’s particular spot is essential just cause I use it a lot in video games

1 Like

Surprisingly, I got used to it pretty quickly, it was the split backspace I had issues getting used to (back when I had a Kara, which used the HHKB layout).

1 Like

That’s funny split backspace is the one thing I think would be pretty easy to adjust to not gonna lie

1 Like

I had a little trouble getting use to the split backspace on my QK60, I like it a lot now but in the beginning there definitely was an adjustment period

Even now when I have not used my QK60 in a while it takes me a minute to re-adjust to the split backspace when I do decide to use my QK60

:warning:WARNING!:warning:

Don’t forget get to check the tag on your keyboards before putting them in the wash!!!
I wasn’t paying attention and set the temp a little too high and IT SHRUNK!! :weary::weary::weary::person_facepalming::person_facepalming::person_facepalming:

Summary

IDABAO Abacus ID42

• Alpaca V2’s (LnF’d)
  • BCP’s on Spacebars
  • Cherry Clip-In stabs (XHT-BDZ & 205g0)
  • NK Cherry Charcoal keycaps
  • Mid-plate and case foam.
9 Likes

It’s so tiny, I love it!

3 Likes

How does it sound?

1 Like

Neeeeed! What is this? I’ve been tempted to jump on the bully preorder but it doesn’t have 1u for arrow keys

2 Likes