Show off your Non GMMK PRO Builds

I’m the same with my QK60, I’m going to put the rest of the foam in tomorrow and change my switches from North Poles to Oil Kings and see if I like the sound profile and the feel a little bit better. Or I am thinking about taking the O rings out of the bottom of the stem of the North Poles because it makes them feel a bit mushy

GMMK2 96% w/Aura V2’s + Model D Wireless

2 Likes

I ended up putting the Case Foam and Plate Foam in and swapped the North Pole v2 Switches with my Oil King’s and now I am so happy with the sound of my QK60. It is for sure my best sounding Aluminum Plate Build and it is now giving the Zoom65 w/ FR4 Plate and NK Cream+ Switches w/ Copper inserts a run for its money

1 Like

nice. yeah I also added the foams on my qk65 as well sounds so good now the KAT profile is really good at adding a bit of clack leaving a nice an unique middle ground of thock and clack. my space bar sounding super clean as well.

1 Like

Yeah, my spacebar is the same way. The whole board is just in the perfect sweet spot sound and feel wise for me. I could not be more happy with how it turned out.

I pan on doing a sound test for both my QK60 and Zoom65 here in the next week or so and I will post it once I do

1 Like

Gherkin 30%
SM Keyboards Smokey Gray Acrylic Case
Gateron Baby Raccoon Switches
GPBT Black Ash Keycaps

Not sure what to name this one yet but, it turned out pretty well being my first time soldering something bigger. Worked right away and most of my joints are looking like nice little TiPis.

4 Likes

nearly a week into dailying my doom switches as much as i hate how cheap these things are built i gotta praise 2 stage springs a lot I may convert all the switches I buy from now one with 2 stage springs especially the tactiles. the much faster return makes all the switches feel snappier and the wider diameter also makes my switches feel more stable as they bottom out. making this switch as cheap and spring pingy some of the switches on this board can sound makes it one of the most fun typing experiences I’ve ever had. I can’t wait to lube and start using my zaku switches on my qk60 when that comes in as that also has a 2 stage spring and long pole but on a linear and see how that types.

2 Likes

So this is the first time I’ve built a keyboard for someone else. I’m surprising my friend with a keyboard because he always talks about getting a nicer keyboard but he’s content with his ducky so I figured id hook him up. Only thing he has ever said he’s wanted was a heavy 60 percent keyboard that’s all black. Picked out a keychron Q4, found some blank black keycaps that seem to be of decent quality I had a hard time trying to find good blank keycaps, and for the switches I put in lubed and filmed KTT Strawberry switches which are my personal favorite. Also picked up a black glorious cable too. :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

Wow! Love the all black! Looks very sleek!! Nice build and that was super nice of you to build this for your friend!

2 Likes

Absolutely love the all black! Very cool build I am sure he is going to love it!

1 Like

Finally got my Parallel Snake in and it was worth the wait!

Summary
  • POM plate from Hype.Keyboards
  • Chthulu frankenswitches (L+F) / BCP (L+F) on space bar
  • 40A durometer o-ring
  • Cherry clip-in stabs with Durock wires (XHT-BDZ & GPL 205g0)
  • KBDFans switch pads
  • GMK Nines w/ Kono Artisan

Bonus “Money $hot” :money_mouth_face::heart_eyes::snake:

11 Likes

OMG my guy it is beautiful! Jealousy is coursing through my veins like poison right now bahahaha. Such a beautiful build bro.

How does it sound and feel?

3 Likes

:heart_eyes: that is amazing

3 Likes

my GOD! That “money shot” shot is something else! :drooling_face:

4 Likes

I second that @BoomerFingers

2 Likes

I actually completed this a couple days ago.

• Drop Nightfall Sense75
  • Drop Phantom PCB clip-in stabs lubed/tuned with the usual (205g0/BDZ-XHT). These stabilizers are actually quite good. I was pleasantly surprised.
  • Stabilizer pads, PE switch pads
  • 1mm case foam, PCB foam, PCB tape mod
  • Kailh HUSH switches
  • DCX Violac

9 Likes

Saw this board at the Motor City Mech Meetup. It’s a thing of beauty. Very jealous.

2 Likes

I really like this keycap set. Great blend and accents

1 Like

Agreed! It’s very unique too I feel. My mom was also into it when I texted her a picture, haha

1 Like
6 Likes