Show off your Non GMMK PRO Builds

Iris Rev 7 Stainless Steel.

Sadly I couldn’t seem to get comfortable with this board. But I thought id post a picture before I try to sell it.

8 Likes

Sorry you couldn’t get comfortable. That is a fascinating looking board!

2 Likes

I have been eyeing a Split Keyboard like that for a while, the Corne V3 MX was the one I was looking at but I was also looking at the Iris Rev 7. I just have not been able to bring myself to picking one up after I got mt Alice Keyboard a little while back the Keychron Q8. I really like my Q8 so I can see myself liking a Split Keyboard like that

You have a price in mind that you are thinking about selling it for? Also are you planning to sell it with the Switches and Keycaps or just Barebones and is it Hotswap or Soldered?

1 Like

@Dozill Honestly I think Alice is going to be my new go-to. Which kind sucks because there are so many good-looking standard layouts. But Sitting on my GMMK pro right now I feel cramped. I think my typing style is just to “unconventional” for full ergo I was having a really hard time getting to the bottom row with my left hand.

I paid nearly $200 without keycaps. I’m definitely open to selling it with or without whatever.(The keycap set is a bit disorganized) I have it on eBay right now without the keycaps. Fully assembled Durock Shrimps switches ($150 for starter bid). It is hot-swap tho so I could maybe knock a few $$ if you don’t like them

1 Like

Yeah I really like my Alice Q8, it is a lot of fun to type on. Well that’s not too bad of a deal at all. If I where in a position to buy another Keyboard I would definitely consider buying it from you but my bank account would not be happy if I dished out another 150-200+ dollars on another Keyboard when I already have 4 that where all over 200+ dollar keyboards that I am waiting for right now lol

1 Like

Ya, no worries totally understandable. I’ll drop the link if you ever decide to pull the trigger or if anyone else was interested. I’m sure it’ll be available for a while I don’t think too many people are rushing out to buy split egos.

1 Like

Perfect, thanks for giving us a heads up and for giving me the opportunity to buy it, I appreciate it and if I come into a windfall I’ll for sure be looking your way haha. Good luck with selling it, and maybe it might just go to someone here which would be really cool

1 Like

I have been working on my Tiger 80 Acrylic, trying to get it to a place that I really like it.

Here is the build:
KBDfans Tiger80 Acrylic (Not lite)
Plate: Custom FR4 from Hype Keyboards
Switches: Cherry MX Black, Hyperglide (Lubed 205G0, Spring Swap TX Long Spring 50G)
Plate Foam: None
Case Foam: 0.8MM Silicone Sheet (cut it myself, from Amazon)
Keycaps: Octopus PBT by PolyCaps

6 Likes

It looks great. Is it to the point where you like it yet or is it still not there?

It’s almost there. I feel that the keys are a little too bright so I am trying to figure out how I bring that down. I am thinking about polyfill.

1 Like

That is a good choice I have some PollyFill that I bought off of Amazon that should be here on Saturday and I was planning on using it in my FreeBird TKL build if it is to hollow sounding. Also thinking about putting some in my Q8 because even after doing the Force Break Mod it still has a little hollowness and ping to it so I would like to see if the PollyFill will take even more of that out of the Q8

1 Like

So, I know I was just here with a build, but…

I got some UT4x switches lubed by a guy that’s local to me who is an excellent lubist, and they arrived today. I was too excited for them, so I got to work on my Onyx and completed it tonight, soldering and all.

• Black Onyx FKL WKL TKL with bronze weight
  • Staebies lubed with 205g0 and XDH-BDZ on the wires
  • GMK Maestro with the “full bling kit” (3xRAMA, 1xSalvun). The enter key actually sounds pretty horrible, haha (it’s brass)
  • Gazzew Boba U4Tx Half-Thock 65g switches, lubed
  • PC half-plate (again, real glad I saw everyone with their plate forks, as it was essential here)

Featured alongside my Keychron Q0 numpad sporting GMK Maestro, and the accompanying deskmat.

8 Likes

Here is my FreeBird TKL Build so far

Original Olive FreeBird TKL
WKL
O-Ring Mount
Glorious Fox Switches (L+F)
PBT Gentleman Keycaps

I didn’t put the dampener sheet in it or do any mod to it yet

Things to come:
Adding rubber damper that came with it
Force Break Mod
PollyFill Mod - if still needed after dampener and Force Break Mod

8 Likes

I didn’t think it was possible to be both flashy and muted. Consider me shocked! Beautiful build!

1 Like

Thank you, I am really happy with how it turned out

I just put in the bottom case dampener that it came with it in and it definitely takes away a lot of the ping. Gonna still try the Force Break Mod next and see if that helps even more

2 Likes

This post isn’t exactly for me but for my cousin, we will just call her “A” for nickname sake but she just built her first Mechanical Keyboard earlier today with me

White GMMK2 65%
Pink Akko CS Sakura Switches (L+F)
Pink Glorious Aura Keycaps

Both Switches and Keycaps courtesy of @d3L7r0n

A absolutely loves her build and she did pretty much all of the tear down and build on her own with some instructions and a little help from me here and there. She said taking off the Keycaps, then taking out the Switches, putting the other Switches in, and then putting the other Keycaps on was a lot of fun and kinda therapeutic. She had a lot of fun doing it and so did I

I hate that I have made a few double post in the last couple days but since it wasn’t exactly my build and was a different build from my earlier post I didn’t want to just edit my earlier one with this one. So I am sorry for the double post

This was a fun build being able to watch someone else get into the hobby for the first time

11 Likes

Love to see it

4 Likes

I was finally able to finish my Tiger 80. I added in the poron midplate foam along with a single layer of tape in addition to the polyfill. The sound and feel is pretty much better than anything else that I own. I own some pretty expensive boards. Owning something like this makes me question how boards like the Jane can command such high prices.

2 Likes

Rarity.

2 Likes

Just put the KeebMonkey Three Tier Keyboard Stand to use

The Single Tier one will have to wait till Monday to be put to use again. Not sure what Keyboard I will be put on the Single Tier Stand yet though

I have to put some of those boxes away in the background but waiting to do that after the Zoom65 gets here since some of those things will be going on the Zoom65. So I’ll get nicer pictures of everything once I’m done with everything on Monday

P.S. I didn’t know what thread to put this in since it has a GMMK Pro in the pictures but it also has two Non GMMK Pro’s in it as well :joy:

12 Likes