Show off your Non GMMK PRO Builds

Today I cleaned what little dust had accumulated on my Freebird60 and got some new pictures of it. It’s built with a POM plate, KFA Pink Robin switches, and KFA White on Navy keycaps. Feel free to check out my post on keebs.gg to get my thoughts on the board (shameless plug).

11 Likes

I went ahead and swapped my Cherry Spellbook Keycaps out on my Q8 with the NicePBT Soyamilk Keycaps

8 Likes

That’s a really nice color combo!

2 Likes

Thanks, I originally bought them for use with the Navy Back Plate on my Zoom TKL when it get here instead of the Gold Back Plate but now that I see them on the Q8 I am thinking about keeping them on there

Built my Freebird on stream last night. Unfortunately, I had no keycaps that match the off-color they chose to ship before back tracking, but I’m sticking with it…I don’t actually hate it, but would have been nicer with an actual navy color like we were supposed to get. They are letting people fill out a form to get the board recoated, but at minimum that would be another 3 months and I’m not willing to trust KFA anymore.

“Navy” Freebird TKL with GMK Bento. N2O switches, Durock stabs.

9 Likes

I know you were expecting navy blue, but that blue slate color that it is coming across as in the pictures isn’t bad at all IMO. I’m sure you’ll find some keycaps that’ll complement it.

2 Likes

I just kinda refuse to buy more caps right now. I have enough of them sitting around unused to add more to the collection. Some aren’t even opened yet because I don’t know what I want to do with them yet.

2 Likes

You ever need to thin that collection out just holler my way haha

I’m starting to build up a nice little collection of Keycap Sets as well. I may be a wee bit obsessed with Keycaps so I don’t see myself slowing down anytime soon by any means

1 Like

I really like that color. I feel you got lucky, haha

1 Like

I finally got around to doing a keyboard build with the Drop MT3 Noctua keycaps! Feat. the NK87 EE and NK Cream Chocolate switches.

15 Likes

Finally got around to putting my Drop Mito Mt3 Cyber keycaps that I got in my drop mystery box onto a keyboard. Not sure if I’m gonna like them for gaming but they do feel really nice to type on.

8 Likes

This about sums up exactly how I felt about MT3. Hated them for gaming, but enjoyed them for when I was just writing code and things of that nature.

3 Likes

I’m with the both of you with MT3 sets @SentientTD & @jzaine7

That set does look really good though @jzaine7

FreeBird TKL finally update shipping status just a little bit ago, after 14 days. I had to get a hold on Cansu and had to have her go track down my package at the wearhouse. It was supposed to be sent out a few days ago but it got left in the back of the warehouse so she had to find it and get it going for me. UPS is now reporting that it has had it origin scan and the “Shipment is on the way” with an estimated delivery date of 1-9-2023

What was really cool was that Cansu (the owner of KeebsForAll) actually called me on my cellphone to explain to me what had happened and that it should start updating tonight. Thought that was amazing that she would call me personally and sure enough my package updated to Shipment on the way tonight just like she said it should

I’m very excited to finally get my hands on it. It’s finally migrating my way my beautiful little FreeBird TKL

2 Likes

Built this Angel this week. It has a pin mount (my first), and feels nice to type on. I originally went with a split backspace to host BS and DEL, but I wasn’t too into that and it’s pretty different from my other boards, so I went back to full BS. I have DEL instead of HOME on the macro row, so we’ll see how that goes.

• Angel 65% keyboard, WKL E-White A-stock
  • Staebies lubed with the usual 205g0 on the housings and XHT-BDZ on the wires
  • POM half-plate, with soldered in Gateron CJ Dark Blue switches (plate fork worked wonders with the POM plate)
  • GMK Sunset Surfing

7 Likes

Beautiful build! the GMK Sunset Surfing looks great and goes well with the white Angel for sure

2 Likes

Thanks, man! Funny enough, I actually chose Sunset Surfing because it had the 1U backspace I needed at the time, haha. But I chose not to replace it once I went full backspace as I’m really digging it on this board too.

I’m also having success with the DEL key where I normally have the HOME key. The ALT on the right is really FN, and that + left arrow is home. Easy enough and seems to be working for me so far.

1 Like

My favorite daily Parallel Portal. 65% O ring mount keyboard with some of the best weight designs in the game.

11 Likes

Have the same board. i do enjoy it with the Pom plate.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community!

Great looking build there, I really like the Keycaps

3 Likes