Show off your GMMK PRO Builds

I love it :star_struck:

I love it too. I’m really hoping they release a glorious gold top frame for the GMMK Numpad so I can get that to match! I was going to do a glorious gold rotary knob and cable with a different top shell but the cables were out of stock :tired_face: and I was gonna go with the nebula key caps (or celestial fire) but the grapefruit ones dropped between the start of me customizing my flexkit bundle and checking out, so I thought it was just meant for me to snatch a set of those up! But I think my grapefruits would look better on my white ice gmmk (1) so I’m looking for suggestions for a different set of caps to make this build pop a little more. (Either that or just a nice set of novelties in to give the board more contrast)

2 Likes

need opinions: did I get the gradient colors correct on the lighting? or are they too subtle to notice? like i can barely tell myself. Gonna be switching the caps to Celestial Fire once i get them in, and im gonna move the caps to a different board, but i wanted to see if i could get the colors correct for some per key effects on the next board they go on. The gold top frame throws off the subtle oranges and pinks in this set, at least for my eyes. theyre freaking gorgeous, but I just think theyll look better on a different board or with a different top frame

6 Likes

Moved the post here for your build. I really like the colors and the backlight matches incredibly well!

1 Like

@LiquidMaverick thanks! Changed it up though; gonna add the grapefruit caps to the gmmk compact in the picture instead

6 Likes

9 Likes

Well @starkillerhunter80, I believe you have reached the apex of a beautifully themed setup. What a sight!

3 Likes

First keyboard build!

Key caps are OMO Pole Circle, and a Hatsune Miku spacebar.
Aqua top frame, polycarbonate plate, Flex kit with medium gaskets, plate foam, and the thin case foam. Panda switches

For mods, I did the tempest tape mod, lubed the switches and stabs, and put some tape around where the screws go into the top frame.

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum!!

Great looking build and loving those keycaps on that board and top frame!

2 Likes

And this is your first build?! You leaned into it and the results are stunning. Beautiful

2 Likes

My first keyboard build

E white flex kit (Medium gaskets, no case foam, and original eva plate foam), E white top frame, Aluminum plate, Stupid Fish PE foam, white rotary knob, Alpaca switches (lubed and filmed), Durock V2 stabs in Alpaca color (clear tape holee modded and lubed with 205g0), GMK Bento r2 Revival keycaps

I’m still waiting for my Salmon novelty keys and Chopsticks space bar kit to arrive from deskhero unfortunately. I live in the US but the only place I could find that had them in stock was deskhero and they’re based out of Canada. Overall really happy with the end results of this build though.

11 Likes

Welcome!!

Very solid and amazing looking GMMK Pro!

2 Likes

Thanks! That really means a lot to me. I did a lot of research and really tried to go all in. Maybe I’ll post another pic of it when I get the novelties and space bar kit in the mail. I’m also planning on getting an AVX FR4 plate sometime in the near future. I bought the glorious poly plate but it just didn’t work out. Didn’t fit my Durock stabs and even after I filed it out to fit it still looked as if it was bending my pcb. Figured it just wasn’t worth the risk so I ended up just using my aluminum plate.

4 Likes

Those caps really pop on the white frame. Great pairing.

1 Like

Thank you. Originally I wanted to keep the black case. But they were out of stock and only had silver or white for the flex kit. Was having a really hard time choosing my keycaps because of that and the fact that all the keycaps I really liked cost a small fortune lol. But when I saw that novelkeys had the GMK bento revival base kit on clearance for 75 USD I couldn’t pass them up. And I knew that they would pair great on white too.
Here is a pic of the final product. Just got my novelties and space bar in the mail today :grin:

7 Likes

Stealth swap on the numpad love it.

4 Likes

Hello all, first time poster, and first custom-built keyboard. I spent a few weeks looking at as many options as I could, and settled on this:

• GMMK PRO E-White FlexKit Bundle - using poron gaskets, 1mm G-Foam case foam, and G-Foam plate foam
  • Polycarbonate Switch Plate
  • Navy Blue Top Plate
  • Gold Encoder Knob
  • MELETRIX WS Quartz Linear Switches (pre-lubed)
  • DUROCK 0.5mm Poron Foam Switch Pads
  • MELETRIX WS V3 Stabs TPU Version (lubed after purchase with Krytox GPL-205 Grade 0)
  • Astrology/Constellation/Zodiac PBT Keycaps

No other mods besides the switch pad foam, but I’m considering the force break and tempest tape mods. It already sounds and feels amazing though, so I may leave it as it is now. The spacebar has a slight tick when lightly tapping it with a finger on the right side, so I think that stab needs a bit more lube-love, and the enter key does as well on it’s left side, but not as noticeable as the spacebar. The rest are silent and spring back nicely, though. I’ll open 'er back up soon to fiddle with those, and maybe try the two mods.

Any critiques, suggestions and comments welcome! Any tips on a good (non-resin) artisan keycap for the ESC key that would match the space themed build nicely? TIA!

10 Likes

Welcome to the Forum!!

Amazing looking build!! I don’t have much to say or recommendations. If you like the feel and sound, keep it as is!!

1 Like

Dude this is epic! I love it so much :star_struck:

3 Likes

Minimalistic and clean, I love builds like this! I’d say you get a gold north star for your first build, and welcome to the Guild @IvoTaillefer!

If you think you’ll need to keep tuning the stabilizers, I’d suggest picking up a syringe that is pre-filled with lube. I’ve found it much easier to fine tune them, since you don’t have to fully remove the stabilizer to do it. I usually get mine from Kinetic Labs if you decide to give them a look.

4 Likes