Show off your GMMK PRO Builds

That’s interesting. I’ll try loosening the screws on my new GMMK PRO.

1 Like

My Silent Assualt Build

• GMMK Pro (Black)
  • Polycarbonate Plate
  • Stupid Fish 3mm Bottom / Stock Top Foam
  • Durock Dolphins/Daybreaks (Lubed and Filmed)
  • GSV2 Stabs
  • KBDfans Switch Pads and Space Bar Foam

NZ Caps Long Live the King
(Thought it’d look nice with the glorious cap,
but kind of ruins the black-ops aesthetic)

Sorry for the static air noises in advanced

7 Likes

My Christ, it’s Glorious! :star_struck: well done and I see what you mean but still love seeing the GIlded Cap on ANYTHING!

Fantastic and stealthy!

5 Likes

My recent pro build. Gold knob, gangster artisan, artifact bloom black on black caps, (grayer than I want, so still looking for caps), Gateron Oil King Switches, and GSV2 stabs with Equalz soulmate pads. Oh, and mechcables gold light speed coiled cable.

Getting there, but I want it more blacked out!

7 Likes

Yeah it’s a little gray for black on black but it does look nice and the Gilded Keycap is just the finest touch. Oh how I yearn for the Gilded Keycap lol

3 Likes

Agreed. Love the font style of GPBT keycaps but would totally pick up a darker alternative. Maybe Black with Grey Text :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: Glorious

They do have ABS DOUBLESHOT KEYCAPS V2 been debating them myself, but the arrow keys don’t look as nice.

2 Likes

That Pro is looking pretty. But the real question: How do you like it?

2 Likes

So far so good. Those oil kings, so nice. I’m getting spoiled with pre lubed switches. I’m still team tactile, but red foxes, Everglide aquas and oil kings, oh my. The feel is solid, and the typing experience is amazing. It definitely feels next level. And that says a lot, when I’m comparing to a hi profile drop Alt. The GMMK delivers on the value proposition for sure.

3 Likes

Thrilled to hear it! I would love to have 1 more for my work setup. Mine isn’t used nearly as much as my work boards, but it’s my favorite to type on.

2 Likes

Don’t have a Pro, but I feel that way about all the boards I’ve built and have on display and don’t use. Every time I look at them, I question why I spent money on them / keep spending money on more boards.

2 Likes

Put the black top frame back on my ex-blue GMMK Pro and tossed the GMK Taro clones on there.

(I was hoping the yellows matched a little better… :confused:)

5 Likes

Are you talking about the yellow keycaps matching the yellow knob or are you meaning you where hoping they matched as a whole to the black frame? I do love the GMK Taro clones though, the lavender, dark purple, yellow combo is really nice

1 Like

I was referring to the yellow knob matching the yellow keys. They aren’t super far off, but under the right light, it could get under a certain type of person’s skin… :grimacing:

Yeah I can definitely see what you mean, they are just slightly different. Are you that type of person?

1 Like

I’m that type for sure, lol! If it were mine, it would be a black knob. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

LOL! I’m trying not to be That Kind of Person, but man…

I did try the black and thought it just looked too much like the Q1. I also tried the pink on the black frame, as well as the yellow, black, pink, and blue knob on the blue top frame…

I was contemplating putting up pics and a poll :bar_chart::thinking:

2 Likes

@d3L7r0n and @qwilum I am that kinda person as well, it would bug me to no end. Just like right now with my GMK Drop + Redsuns Red Samurai keycaps, my right shift is in the mail currently with the Novelty set so I have the original GMMK 2 right shift keycap on my board till it arrives Wednesday and just having to wait that one more day till it arrives bugs me lol :joy:

Yes do that

1 Like

I really like those Red Samurai keycaps…there’s a matching coiled cable Drop offers too! I’ve been contemplating them both for a while now.

2 Likes

You know the story of the scorpion and the frog? It’s tough going against your nature. :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s how my other GMMK Pro build is set up, but I also have Teamwolf stainless steel keycaps on all of the alphas. (They are just on WASD in this post)

1 Like