GMMK Pro Over-Lube Problems

I saw a post about this on Reddit, but I haven’t seen anything here. Did anyone else have any issues with their GMMK Pro arriving with stabilizers over-lubed? My shift key still sticks down all the time and I have to correct the second, third, or forth letters being capitalized. They worked themselves out on the other keys, but I haven’t taken the time to take things back apart and clean up my left shift key.

All things considered, this is a very minor problem and I’ve been happy with my GMMK Pro (aside from my own folly of not having looked at product pictures closely enough and thinking it was going to be more of a white case).

Did anyone else have any issues with factory over-lubing or was it a very limited problem?

7 Likes

Yep, mine too! From what I can gather, it’s really common, unfortunately. Hopefully, it’ll soon be fixed, as the stabs are honestly my only complaint with this amazing keyboard! :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ll confirm with my teams but I’m pretty sure this issue was seen in the early batch and has been fixed in batches put out since that time.

I know my board was a bit overlubed on the space bar stabs, but I was too lazy to open it up so I just got a lube brush or paint brush and stuck in down in the stabs to wipe off some of the lube. Worked like a charm in case you’re still having trouble with yours!

3 Likes

My board is rather new and was still over lubed, but yeah this did also fix my issue ^

3 Likes

Well shoot, but glad that also fixed your issue :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll try that first, before I open it up. Thanks for the tip.

2 Likes

My space bar was a very slow return when mine first arrived. I wasn’t in a hurry to take it apart so tried to wipe away the excess around the stabs while it was still assembled. I pressed the space bar a lot and it ended up loosening and now works perfectly!

Best of luck!

4 Likes

It was very bad for me, to the point where there was a “sloshing” sound. I ended up taking everything apart and cleaned/re-lubed the stabs. Fortunately, the pre-lubed (feeling lazy) panda switches do not seem to suffer from this issue (at least for me).

Cheers,

3 Likes

Yup, bought my GMMK Pro last month and it was very much overlubed. That being said taking it apart and actually cleaning up some of the lube improves it a ton. I just swapped it out for aftermarket stabs right after though. If you’re wondering what aftermarket stabs you should go for, C3 Equalz just to be on the safe side, my Durrocks were too tight a fit.

3 Likes

Glad to hear you didn’t have the same issue with the switches, and sorry to hear your board was so over-lubed. Our team is always working with the factory to improve processes, so we really appreciate your honest feedback!

2 Likes

Glad to hear your board is doing better now :pray: and thank you for the feedback on the stabilizers as well!

2 Likes

I definitely had this exact problem with all my stabs, and I had some difficulties trying to fix it, but I contacted glorious about it and I’ll be returning my pro in order to fix the situation :blush:

3 Likes

Same here, the enter being the worst on mine, though the spacebar may as well have had no lube on it at all for all the good it did!

I ended up modding the aluminum plate to fit Durock V2s, and while I’m still working on some rattle issue with the spacebar, the other three are all smooth and thoccy, just like we like 'em.

3 Likes

Mine were all over lubed (space bar would stick and the others made squishing noises and felt wrong). Unfortunately I couldn’t fix it without taking the board apart, but after I did that and got rid of the excess it works perfectly now. The nicest keyboard I’ve ever used.

3 Likes

So this was an issue with one production run of GMMK PROs with some of the boards getting over lubed stabs. The issue has since been resolved in current batches, but there are still some boards from that production run still circulating in inventory. It’s a pretty easy fix for users but of course annoying & unfortunate that issue occurred.

Factory lubing can be a treacherous process when manufacturing at scale like this. Our QC and production teams have been working pretty closely with our factory to try to perfect it so lubing will be spot on going forward

6 Likes

Mine was super bad, the the point where the spacebar would not go back up after pressing. I was planning to probably relube them/use a different set of stabs anyways so it didn’t really make more work for me, but I could see it being super annoying for someone that may not have a lot of experience with that or know what would be causing the problem.

2 Likes

I got my gmmk pro a while ago and I had no issues with my stabs. I didn’t bother to lube them myself, but they seem pretty good. I have no issues with them. except for tuning my stabs but ill save it for another day.

3 Likes

Yes, so I had the problem with my keyboard on the space bar, it couldn’t even go up for about 3x pressing but meanwhile it works fine. But I feel that it is still a little bit over lubed.

3 Likes

Got my GMMK Pro about a week ago and also had issues with some of the stabs sticking at the bottom. Got another in a couple days ago to build out for a friend and that one has a couple sticking as well. Was gonna replace both sets of stabs for some Durock V2’s anyway so not the end of the world, but definitely something that needs to be addressed and taken care of for those customers who didn’t plan on putting that extra work in already.

5 Likes

I had the problem, replaced my stabs with the Durok v2’s. No issues with the stabs since switching.

3 Likes