Gaming Mice (What's your main?)

Oh yeah! The shape of the viper is only slightly off for me so I do readjust my grip, I forgot about that, I just expected that with ambidextrous, but I like its low profile better than ones with big humps

Iā€™m starting to work on a 3d printed charging dock design for the Finalmouse and Glorious mice. Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to make it a somewhat universal design. Would just require one of those charging cables with the detachable magnetic end on it

1 Like

Recently put some sapphire skates on my phantom and this is smoooooth especially on the ice pad :ice_cube:

2 Likes

Iā€™m still pretty partial to the Model O, currently using the MOW as my ā€œmainā€ mouse.

For video editing and other productivity stuff, Iā€™ll use a Razer Naga Pro, given that it has bluetooth connectivity so I can connect to my MacBook Pro, and the ability for up to like, 36 buttons right on my thumb.

Iā€™ve been using the new pink G Pro X Superlight for a couple of weeks now, originally bought for my wife but she ended up not being a fan of the shade of pink on the mouse.

No matter what I do, I usually end up back at the Model O, the shape is just too comfortable for me. I enjoyed the Viper Ultimate for a spell as well. Iā€™ve been incredibly interested in giving the O- a shot. When originally released I donā€™t think there is any way I could have used a mouse that small, but it would be interesting to see how my gameplay and grip has changed over that time. I used to hate the G Pro Wireless shape too, and Iā€™ve faired quite a bit better this time around.

Iā€™m of the mind that as long as financially you arenā€™t being ruined by your habits, and its something you enjoy, than there is absolutely no problem with buying/collecting mice. Its a hobby.

There is always the tongue in cheek comments about buying mice being a habit and everything, but when you think about it, it doesnt make it different from any other hobby that exists - why would we limit ourselves to just one thing? Why shouldnā€™t we try different stuff out to help improve our game?

Gaming, and PC gaming, is incredibly new when it comes to the word of hobbies you can spend money on, so naturally, we have this aversion or some kind of guilt when it comes to spending money on stuff, even more so when we already ā€œhaveā€ the thing we are spending money on.

I like to compare it to say, my father, since he along with my mother, were some of the first people that were ā€œvocalā€ about my hobbies, IE, ā€œno what on earth do you need a $2000 computer for?! This $500 emachines does email just fineā€

But when I compare it to the hobbies of my father, heā€™ll spend $500 on a golf club, of which he needs several at one point just to play the game. That doesnā€™t include the ā€œupgradesā€ he makes throughout the year on his clubs, or the clothes he wears specifically for the hobby, or the money needed to travel to different clubs or whatever to do that hobby.

So, comparitively to other ā€œadultā€ hobbies, spending a couple hundred bucks on gaming mice every few months is hardly the vice that we make it out to be. Of course this is always dependent on your personal financial situation, but there are worse ways to spend your money if you ask me.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve bounced from model O wireless, viper, viper mini, death adder v2, and g203. I finally gave into the hype and got a Logitech G Pro X Superlight and added Glass skates. Literally my favorite feeling house to date, and the glass skates are just the cherry on top.

@psyikk reading this got me excited because itā€™s almost golf weather :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ah yes, the classic ā€œkeyboads/mice are healthier than methā€ argument.

Very well put though, and I run into a lot of the same criticism with friends. Most people I know have a very ā€œa mouse is a mouseā€ kind of mentality, and its not easy explaining how they all differ. Not to mention, compounding personal preference based off of things like hand shape, size, or physical limitations. So to my friends, this doesnt seem like a hobby as much as wasting money.

Im pretty sure Ive bought a new mouse at least once every 2 months, for the last 3 years. Part of that being because I love testing and comparing products, but Im also still on the hunt for that perfect fit. I have mice that Ive used and really enjoyed, but I still havent found the ā€œone to rule them allā€.

Part of the reason I enjoy being a part of the Glorious Guild is simply because Im around a collective group of people who have similar interests and hobbies. You mention that you bought a new mouse or built your 5th keyboard, and no one here bats an eye at that statement. Plus, Im constantly being exposed to new companies/products through other peoples builds.

1 Like

Well said both @8-Bit_Bootcamp and @psyikk. I definitely agree. I say ā€œI have a problemā€¦ā€ as tongue in cheek in my original post. I, like 8bit, just love trying new products, testing and comparing to others I have bought. Mice (for the most part) are at a good price point to where I can collect them and not put myself into financial ruin. Lol. Many of my friends and family donā€™t always get it either. But thatā€™s ok, they donā€™t have to. All are still understanding that I enjoy it and typically donā€™t judge.

I recently got into 3d printing and thatā€™s been a fun new hobby. But now Iā€™ve bridged that into the world of mice. I recently picked up the classic Logitech G305 since it has such a heavy modding community. And it pains me to say it cause itā€™s the oldest and cheapest wireless mouse Iā€™ve bought, but it could quite possibly be my favorite. Lol. Definitely in the top few. Wish I would have bought it sooner. But itā€™s been fun printing different style shells for it.

And @jzaine7, I agree. Definitely gets me excited for golf season. Absolutely love golfing.

2 Likes

Starlight 12 , viper ultimate.

So far I used WMO (Microsoft Wheelmouse Optical 1.1A - the best), Kinzu v3, Zowie EC-2B (but I realized I didnā€™t like the ergo mouse format) then switched to Glorious Model O- and now Glorious Model O- Wireless

I am pleased the quality of these Glorious mice and I am surprised about the wireless speed (playing csgo) so now Iā€™d go with Glorious only

I have a friend who has a 3d printer and got to try out the G305 mod and was amazed at what can be done with printers these days. I can only imagine how that might apply to gaming mice in the next few years.

Iā€™ll give credit to Finalmouse for being crazy enough to release something like a METAL mouse, but I can only assume its effectiveness - judging from its popularity, though, it seems to be a road worth traveling.

I guess I should consider myself lucky I donā€™t have golf as another (expensive?) hobby, although Iā€™ve go the camera bug so I guess it doesnā€™t really matter :blush:

2 Likes

I rocked a Basilisk for a while but switched the Model D wireless. I love the lightweight aspect of it and itā€™s just comfy.

1 Like

Main for gaming is Corsair Sabre Pro and my Main for anything else is my Ducky Feather Frozen Edition to match my setup.

1 Like

G-Wolves Hati S Ace wireless and for productivity the same mouse for seamless work to gaming. :shushing_face:

1 Like

Took me a while to find what fits my hands best. A lot of different mice but I eventually found it. So for gaming it ended up being the G703 and for productivity Basilisk.

1 Like

I put Corepads on my G703 and the improvement over those terrible stock feet is amazing. Far better control and speed, much smoother. Is that a 3D printed shell?

1 Like

Nice I have never tried the Corepads only the Tiger Ice. But almost anything is better than stock.

Yes custom 3d printed g703, once I fell in love with the mouse the only issue was the weight compared to my other wireless mice. So I found a company that does just that guts the mouse and 3d prints a shell as close to the real thing. Also better switches and some other stuff im sure im forgetting.

My current Main at home is my G Pro x Superlight with BT.L grips and LGG Glass skates, also run the LGG Mercury Mat. For my work setup I have my OG Model O and run the Alexotos Switch Deskmat.

1 Like

I just bought a Model D- Wireless yesterday and should be here Monday. I have been using the Model I for the last few weeks for gaming and I am loving it but itā€™s a little big for my hand, the buttons are in a good position for my hand but overall it just slightly to big for my little paw and I wanted a Wireless mouse as well so I went with the Model D- and am super excited to give it a whirl! Iā€™ll keep on using both of them, just depends on the situation and what game Iā€™m playing. Got a GMMK 2 already so next up is buying and building the Barebone GMMK Pro to add to my Glorious Collection! Gotta buy them all :joy:

1 Like

I have 2 that I main at home. Both are comfortable but I like to switch it up every once in a while. The two are the Razer Orochi V2 and the Model O Wireless. I did take part in the group buy for the Series One Pro. I mainly play shooters and the super light ambidextrous mice have been working out well for me with my play and grip style.

1 Like