Gaming Mice (What's your main?)

Glorious Model D for work. Logitech G502 for gaming. I need the extra mouse buttons for the games I play. I’d love to see a Glorious mouse with 6-8 buttons.

1 Like

I’ve got too many mice… I collect and horde.

Current collection:

Model O
Model D
Wireless O
Wireless D (when preorders go live)
Steelseries Rival 310
Logitech Pro

My main(s) are the Logitech Pro and Wireless O. But will move to Wireless D, as I prefer the shape of right hand oriented over ambidextrous.

1 Like

Ages ago i had G9X, it was the best mouse i’ve ever used… even today. Was so sad when after 4 years of service it finally gave in and right click stopped working. Was trying to fix it but with no result.

After that i used G502 for a while. Great mouse for gaming with the only issue being mechanichal switches. Over 5 or 6 years i’ve bought at least 2 brand new G502’s.

And a year ago my friend introduced me to Razer Basilisk V2. It has identical shape and size to G502 but uses optical switches so responce time and overall enjoyment from using it is far beyond G502.

I’ve almost pulled the trigger on the Pwnage Ergo a few times. How’s the build quality @renxo?

I got the Steelseries Rival 700 not long after it came out but I’ve been meaning to get something newer for a while now and am currently waiting to see how reviews are on the MDW.

1 Like

Logitech G502 SE for now. Absolutely hate GHUB but I also have gotten so used to all the extra buttons that having less buttons would be a severe handicap. Especially for my daily use more than gaming.

Since I moved my preferred G502 config purely to hardware and haven’t had to touch GHUB it’s been good for a few years. Getting the itch to upgrade though and finding a mouse with roughly the same number of buttons as a G502 limits my choices quite a bit.

1 Like

I feel you on the distaste for GHUB, I have not enjoyed my time using it at all. I really liked the G502 and the extra buttons, but the shape never felt right for me. The only other mouse I have ever found that had extra buttons that made sense was the ROCCAT Kova AIMO.
Its been really frustrating over the years, because Ive never actually been able to use both of the mouse thumb buttons on any mouse Ive owned. The most forward of the two side buttons is always just enough out of reach, that it feels awkward to shift my hand to get to it.

2 Likes

For gaming I use the G Pro and for work (graphic design & photo editing), I use the MX Ergo (track ball) also from Logitech.

1 Like

I have been using a Mountain Makalu67. It has a nice shape for a hybrid palm/claw grip.

I have been using the Pwnage UltraCustom on my work laptop. It is okay, but the shape is a little lacking. Still better than my wireless O. With the O, I find I can only use it in a fingertip grip, and I start to get cramps with long usage.

1 Like

Really good actually. Not once did I think it was gonna break/crack. I’ve heard of people emphasizing that if you want to change/remove the battery you need to be careful, but I didnt feel the need to change the battery. My biggest issues with the mouse were that 1: there was no official slot to store the dongle (i just opened the back piece and put it in there, but it would slide around inside - which really isnt the worst thing at least I wouldnt lose it), and 2: its really difficult to clean a honeycomb mouse… which is why i have reservations about the MDW…

2 Likes

@Adoumus The xtrfy m42 is pretty decent if you’re looking for small mouse and if you dont mind the wholes on the side. Sad part is it’s not wireless

1 Like

Going way back I used to use a Cyba Sniper mouse but they eventually went under and I switched to deathadders. Then I was on a zowie fk. Then the model o came out and I rocked that to the model D. The model O wireless came out and I was sick of my cord getting caught on things so I switched to the Model O wireless. Still using it until my Model D wireless gets here. I just recently switched to the glorious elements hard pad and the proper skates for it on the model O and I have been in love. The cloth pad and white skates just don’t last long enough for me to keep using. So far so good with the hard pad and g floats. I love how it’s much easier to clean the hard pad and the slickness seems to be lasting much longer than new g skates on a cloth pad. Been using 600 dpi since the model D (before I was on 400).

1 Like

Just got my Pulsar Xlite Superglide mouse in and my initial thoughts are wow the glass feet are REALLY smooth. Not gonna replace the starlight-12 but I am definitely impressed. :exploding_head:

1 Like

My main Gaming mouse is the Glorious Model D.
Productivity mouse is my old faithful wireless Logitech MX5500.

1 Like

I formerly used a Model O wireless, but now I main a Logitech G Pro Superlight. The weight and battery life is just insane. It lasts for almost a month before I charge it.

1 Like

I swap between my Logitech G305 and my Model O Wireless! I love both of them but the G305 is a little heavier (without mods) and the Model O feels too big on my hands. Hopefully the Model O- Wireless will be able to solve both of those problems!

1 Like

currently using the Razer Deathadder V2 pro with the charging dock, i love it but im also interested in the wireless Model D. I have been having trouble finding a direct comparison.

2 Likes

Nice. Check out The Techne video on YouTube “top 5 big wireless gaming mice”. He talks about both in that video. Might give you some insights. I just picked up the Pulsar xlite Wireless. If you’re into ergo mice I would recommend giving it a look. Interesting design and for the price I’ve been loving it. Similar ec2 clone shape just like the model D

1 Like

For my daily productivity at work, I use the Model O wireless. I work for a MSP, so I needed something portable. I paired it with the Glorious mouse pad as well.

For my “gaming” rig at home, I have the Model D wired version on a custom Equate giant mouse pad.

1 Like

I go through too many mice. I’m on the hunt for the perfect mouse for me. I just switched from The Razer Viper Ultimate to the Model D. The shape is pretty nice and I’m enjoying it so far, only question is how long will it satisfy me lol I’ll put the other mice I’ve owned below

Logitech G502, Logitech 305, Corsair M65, Model O, Model O-, Steel Series 650 (Wireless), Razer Viper Ultimate, and now the Model D. I’m probably missing a couple.

I’ve always wanted to try the G Pro Wireless but we’ll see.

3 Likes