Vinyl (as in music records)

I had that stereotypical 80s era set up when I had my records. The player sat next to the bed on a table and a set of huge headphones. I feel like if I were to get e new one though, I would want it sat in my office with a pair of sensible speakers.

4 Likes

How much are record players?

2 Likes

Audio-Technica has a base model for $130, or a model with USB and Bluetooth for $200 USD.

Can probably find cheaper options out there.

2 Likes

@Pseudo I listen through speakers personally. And never thought to check on what pressing it was @LiquidMaverick but now Iā€™m gonna have to investigateā€¦

4 Likes

We listen through our sound system. Generally we put one on during dinner with our kids. However, I turn it off almost immediately after since my kids jump around and donā€™t recognize how sensitive record players are to skipping.

4 Likes

I donā€™t have a huge collection right now, and Iā€™m still missing a Mastodon album (I keep missing the releases). Favorite in the collection is Killswitch Engageā€™s End of Heartache, since thatā€™s my favorite album for them and I just happened to find it in a shop randomly (before it was just rereleased here in the States not too long ago).

7 Likes

Thatā€™s a nice collection! I have a Killswitch Atonement shirt with that art on it. First time I saw the Deftones was with System of a Down in 2012. Such a good show

2 Likes

My brother got me the vinyl and shirt bundle for Christmas a few years back when the album dropped, so I have the shirt too! I havenā€™t seen Deftones yet, but I have seen KSE back when Howard was in the band and I saw Lamb of God when they opened for Slayer.

3 Likes

Not vinyl related, but Iā€™m going to see Jinjer on the 17th, and Iā€™m beyond excited for it

5 Likes

Very nice. The ones that caught my eye are the two Rage albums. I regret not seeing them live before they broke up.

2 Likes

Oh man, now that should be a show. That young lady has SUCH a unique vocal tone and range. I had never even heard of her until a friend of mine sent me a link for the song Pisces.
Make sure you post pictures from the show after you see it and tell us how it was.

4 Likes

Courtney LaPlante too. Would love to see Spiritbox if they ever come through the area

2 Likes

I made my own turntable and phono stage.

8 Likes

Agreed, love Rage. They were supposed to come to Las Cruces (of all places) in 2020, but covid put that plan on indefinite hold very quickly. Weā€™ve still got some promotional murals around town for the show.

3 Likes

This is an awesome collection! Definitely inspiring me to expand my fun but also very much in the past collection haha.

3 Likes

This looks fantastic, nice work!

2 Likes

Oh dude, that looks really cool. Ive never seen a set up that used tubes before.

3 Likes

That is a real bummer. Iā€™m sure that would have been an incredible show.

3 Likes

We are over here putting together lego pieces (keyboards) while you are on a whole other level. This is remarkable. Very nicely done.

3 Likes

I might have to look into getting one of these things :thinking:

2 Likes