To all gmmk pro owners!

for all those who own a gmmk pro, what do you use the rotary knob for, anything cool that can be done with it besides volume up and down? Thanks!

6 Likes

I just use it for volume control and mic mute on click. but I’ve seen people use rotary knobs on layers for things like; Timeline scrubbing, Photoshop brush sizes, undo/redo, layer/profile switching.

2 Likes

Good question, I’ve been wondering the same thing. However I had a Drop CTRL before this one and was using FN + Shift and FN + CTRL to control volume and it sucked. I really enjoy using the knob for volume control.

I’ve been thinking about using the knob click for muting my mic in Teams. Don’t know if it could be done yet.

1 Like

I would like to be able to do this as well, if you find out how, I would love to know!

1 Like

I have the click set as ctrl alt del and I just use it for media controls. For muting if you can’t set it on its own you could probably set it to a key/shortcut and then set that key/shortcut as your mute.

1 Like

Setting the rotary knob click as ctrl alt del is a great idea! I’m going to give that a try now.

1 Like

these are some good suggestions, i appreciate the replies!

1 Like

I tried to use the knob for other than mute, volume up/down, but no luck. Maybe Glorious would add in a feature for their software that would help customize the functions of the rotary knob in the future? That would be pretty cool!

sooooo just finding out you can click the knob LOL

2 Likes

My headphones have mute/volume on them, so I haven’t found a use for the knob. I need to look into using it as a mix knob for my Discord volume vs PC volume with Voicemeeter. Anyone had any luck with that?

What functions are you able to assign to the GMMK Pro rotary knob at the moment? Im probably not going to be able to order one until closer to the end of the year, but now Im curious about what hotkey utility options its capable of.

I use it for side scrolling. It’s fairly easy to do in QMK, you just have to replace the VOLU and VOLD keycodes with the appropriate keycodes for the mouse movement. It’s pretty useful if I’m reading poorly formatted code with long lines, ie. anything I wrote a year or so ago.

For voicemeeter I’ve been able to use the macro buttons to adjust the voicemeeter volume and mute assigned to media vol ip and down on the macro buttons.

1 Like

how? So your controlling A1 with your knob?

1 Like

I currently have no use for my rotary knob because I use Voicemeter. There are some great suggestions in here that I’ll be trying out!

1 Like