Show off your GMMK2 Builds

Clean!

2 Likes

How do you like the salmon switches? I have their hippos in my GMMK Pro currently.

2 Likes

That is pretty.

2 Likes

It’s feels very responsive when typing . Louder and snappier than the Glorious Pandas, and maybe more actuation too.

2 Likes

interesting, I’ll have to grab a set and try them out

Looks awesome :star_struck: So happy to see pink boards arriving! Now I just have to pick up my own pink one :money_with_wings:

1 Like

Ok, I put in the GSV2 stabs and also put in Boba U4T 68g switches. (I’ll make a second post with the Boba sound test)

The stabs work… but I had to modify the plate foam to fit. The foam overlapped at the screw in points and I had to cut some off for it to work. Most disappointing was the spacebar edge, as its now a loose piece vs connected as part of a whole. The factory stabs weren’t bad after tweaking, and part of me regrets the swap.

Before modifications were done to the plate foam:

After Mods:
There is a screw that holds the bottom foam on spacebar at least
Bummer that any mods are needed at all, but still nice that Glorious allows screw-in stabs. I feel like the majority of 96% keeb options do not allow this, so still nice to see it.

I did not switch foam the F keys since I rarely use them, and wanted to save some of those precious switch foamies :wink:

2 Likes

Here it is with Boba U4T 68g switches + sound test!

Sound test:
Really nice I think! Best sounding tactile so far, but I still think I prefer the smooth creamy feel and sound of the Glorious Fox or AKKO Silvers. All of them are so great, what to do?!?!

Yes I replaced the spacebar. The orange SB had some foam in it, which I didn’t feel was needed with the Boba, or possibly a result of the new GSV2 stab there. Easier to just swap the SB in this case, since I may return to using the AKKO Silvers.

3 Likes

I had the same issue(s); ended up taking the foam pad out of the keyboard.

Also, I could not get GSV2 spacebar stabs to work flawlessly, it would stick once in a while. Tried grease + silicone lube with no luck. Currently using stock stabs for it.

After messing around with stock GMMK 2 stabs and GSV2 stabs, I can’t justify the price premium of GSV2s.

I mean, the GSV2 are only 9.99 (before shipping/tax), so its not going to hurt the wallet too much. Its more the effort vs reward, not sure its there. I had to kind of “break them in” a bit since they also did stick on me at first… like maybe its too tight of a fit? I’ve learned that the GSV2 stabs need only minimal lube. Grease dipping or really lathering it on give some really negative results on these.

The fit could be the issue; using Glorious GBPT keycaps, I noticed that the spacebar is not a “perfect” fit, and due to higher tolerances of GSV2 stabs, they might cause unnecessary friction. Stock GMMK 2 stabs have a bit more wobble.

Got new keycaps for my v2. Not sure if I like the feel of them though, still deciding. They do sound great.

6 Likes

Going in for round 2 with a white one :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Ordered last Thursday and got my Pink 65% today!!!

10 Likes

This picture, keyboard, desk mat, and wallpaper is all fantastic.

2 Likes

I love it all :star_struck:

1 Like

Loved the look of the white so i had to get one…Lynx switches and Aura keycaps

8 Likes

gah i went from the 96% white to the 65% pink… and you are making me miss the white one. LOVE THIS!

2 Likes

ya i saw a couple pics of the white one and had to have one :joy:

1 Like

Trying out the Akko Lavender Purple Switches and Nebula keycaps.

9 Likes