PRO Series Mice AMA

Hey Fam,

The PRO Series Mice are officially here! If you missed the announcement you can check it out here

We want to answer all of your burning questions in this thread. Ask us anything!

5 Likes

I feel like the answer may be fairly obvious, but I am curious if the Forge release of the Model O Pro (MOP) was your test bench for the O 2 Pro?

Also, I know lots of people are interested if there will be a O- Pro on the horizon.

And any anticipation of different colorways?

Sorry, I’m very curious.

2 Likes

Hey Liquid!

While the community feedback from our Forge PRO mice gave us valuable insights when developing our PRO 2 Mice, we would not call them a “test bench” as they were fully featured products designed to stand on their own!

We are currently not in any production of minus versions of our new PRO Series Mice but we have seen a lot of feedback for them and will most definitely take them into account. We also have no plans currently for different colorways but also have seen a lot of requests for color variation especially at least a white variant.

We love seeing all the recommendations for the community and definitely do talk about them! Nothing is planned as of now for those recommendations but that could most definitely change in coming time!

3 Likes

Very disappointed to see that the “ambidextrous shape” version isn’t actually ambidextrous due to positioning of the side buttons. I’ll have to stick to my Razer mouse for now but will be very happy to buy a Glorious mouse when you offer one with side buttons that us lefties can actually use.

2 Likes

Hey Monsta!

Sorry to hear this and I definitely can understand your frustration.

I really appreciate you voicing your opinion, this is the kind of stuff we want/need to be able to better suit our consumers! Will definitely be noting this and sharing with our Product side.

<3

3 Likes

I’m right handed and I agree 100% with you. I had so many people asking me to help them find a left handed mouse and it was so annoying to always end up on Glourious product that are not truly ambidextrous.

4 Likes

Serious question:

Are you, Glorious, happy with the performance of the mouse at each polling rate? Was that same happiness achieved on multiple systems internally, and including external testers, to your and their satisfaction?

2 Likes

The PRO series is the most performance-focused mouse that we’ve ever released. We did more testing than ever before to get the mice to the point that we were happy with. We actually pushed back the initial release to ensure that they performed at the highest levels at all polling rates. We have gotten a lot of positive feedback on the performance of the mice so we’re very happy with their performance!

7 Likes

Add me* to the list in the “Pro for PRO” category… Pro as in favor of, not I am a Pro.

7 Likes

I have no idea when certain technology becomes available, so I’m curious when optical switches hit the scene, and when Glorious decided to move that direction.

I have to say that if I put one mouse against the other, I can’t consciously perceive the difference, but I absolutely can FEEL a difference when using the mouse. That alone to me is a game changer.

5 Likes

Is there going to be a white version of the Model D 2 PRO released down the line, or a Minus version is white or black?

2 Likes

We don’t have plans for one right now. It is a fairly common request, though.

5 Likes

A red minus version :eyes: :sweat_smile::melting_face:

4 Likes

Oh my God! I didnt even realize I needed this! :rofl:

4 Likes

Unofficially, I’m with y’all. I need some color in my life and a mouse for my tiny mits. :melting_face:

6 Likes

Sounds like we need a limited run of 3 red mice.

5 Likes

Exclusivity of that mouse would drive quite a premium price.

4 Likes

The white mice shells might accept red dye. Someone else try that. lol
My questions:
1: I prefer wired mice but I’m also open minded to change. Will there be a wired version?
2: I have heard of polling rates going over 1000hz lately but I have also heard there are potential drawbacks like lower framerates in some systems. I’m not sure if I’d prefer anything over 1000hz in the real world. What are the technical differences between the 1k and 4k/8k models? Is the wireless transmitter different? Would the 4k/8k version still have any potential advantages if it were set to 1k polling?

3 Likes

I am not sure how much they will be able to answer for these questions so I’ll try until they give a more official response :smiley:

1. I am not a glorious employee and if I had to guess Bear will be responding with something along the lines of “We don’t have plans for one right now, but we will continue to monitor feedback from the community”. Also, you can still use these mice wired with the included cable and the 8k polling rate is only available when wired.
  2. Once again not an employee and I haven’t gotten my hands on these yet (praying/waiting for a white version or Model I Pro :eyes:). For technical differences there does appear to be something physically added, given that the 4k/8k version is noted to weigh a bit more. On the transmitter/receiver side I would assume the wireless transmitters are different given the weight differences. As for the receiver I think the 4k/8k is also different given razer has previous released a wireless receiver that was able to upgrade some mice from 1k to 4k. The 1k version is likely using the standard transmitter/receiver. The only advantage of a lower polling rate I can think of is the reduced CPU load. Higher polling rates can have quite the toll on CPU resources, and I wouldn’t recommended using them at such high rates unless you are already getting framerates that are decently above your monitors refresh rate (specifically in any CPU bound/intensive games). With that said, when paired with a fast enough PC and monitor high polling rates do reduce input lag whether or not it is worth it will depend on you and your current/future set up. I hope you found this helpful and keep in mind some of this is speculation!
4 Likes