Keyboard Questions

So ive been using my gmmk pro for about 2 hours in total now and my spacebar is deciding to stick a little bit. i havent done any mods and was wondering how to fix it or if i should just order some durocks or something?
and if anyone else has questions they can also post here.

(and sorry for making 2 in one day haha)

2 Likes

The usual culprit is overlubed stabs. I can’t tell which stabs are in this build, but I am definitely seeing lube in the last picture fairly easily. Did you lube them, or did they come pre-lubed in the board?

I don’t own a GMMK Pro, so I have no idea what they come with stock.

2 Likes

oh okay, yeah that is the spacebar and they came stock like that.

1 Like

There are really two routes you can go:

1. Take the board apart, clean the stabs with soap/water as best as you can and then re-lube them yourself.
  2. Buy new stabs, I’ve read nothing but bad things about the stock stabs that come with the board.

Remember the general rule with lubing switches and things: less is better, you can always add more.

Edit: good guide to follow for tuning stabs:

4 Likes

appreciate it! when i have some more time ill probably go with the first option
edit : finished watching the video, his channel is great too!

1 Like

I was going to say exactly what @SentientTD said, over lubed is most likely the culprit

Alexotos is amazing. I try and catch his Twitch streams every time he is doing a build, I just watched him last night build the Mode Eighty with Boba U4 switches and GMK Modo, he made it a silent keyboard and it was really nice

Seems like it has resolved itself for now, however the same side that was sticking down (right) has a louder rattle now

1 Like

looks like GOAT V1 stabs due to the silver stabilizer bar, i would definitely agree they are the culprit. OP get some Durock v2s in that bad boy!

2 Likes

my keyboard is having some input lag and was wondering if there’s any way to fix it?

3 Likes

Maybe check Core under the performance tab and adjust the polling rate and input latency
You can use this to test your keys

3 Likes

It is now blinking red on the sides when lights are off?

2 Likes

caps lock?

2 Likes

thanks LOL

3 Likes

all keys seem to work, however i dont understand polling rates and input latency so i dont know what to change.

2 Likes

Polling rates High Input Latency Low

3 Likes

some people have preferences and like some latency when they type if you are someone who games competitively make the latency as low as possible. polling rate is how many times the keyboard communicates with your pc. can use up a bit of RAM but turning that shit up with the gmmk pro doesnt really affect my pc but to be fair I have a pretty decent one

3 Likes

This confused me for a minute, now I understand but until I separated the sentence I was confused lol

Polling rates High - Input Latency Low

2 Likes

Thanks for helping clarify @Dozill
For example, I keep my polling rate at 1000Hz, and my Input latency at 2ms

2 Likes

I did what you did and nothing seems to help, its very fustrating that when im trying to play a game it wont work. plus i just bought it yesterday.

2 Likes

You can try updating the firmware and or restarting your PC otherwise, I’m not too sure maybe reach out to support. Make sure you hit Save when you make a change to.

2 Likes