Keyboard Questions

okay, thanks for your help.

edit : turns out my computer is just very laggy!

3 Likes

Okay, I was able to fix it by closing one of my game launchers i had in the background. Everything works fine now, and i feel very dumb. Usually this wouldn’t be a problem but my setup is powered by an office laptop and i dont have the money currently to buy a PC.

3 Likes

No Worries, @SwaggyAlpaca as @rice mentioned you can try turning down your polling rates a bit, and that might help spare you some efficiency

3 Likes

Yeah man, no worries. I’m just glad you where able to figure it out and like @ice & @rice said it might also help to lower your polling rate just a bit to give you just a little extra wiggle room

4 Likes

If you have a lube brush, try getting it into the stab housing and wiggling it around. Hopefully you can redistribute some of the lube without having to disassemble the whole board.

2 Likes

Smoart

thanks! ill look.

2 Likes

Thanks for the post. Giving me info to have for my future keyboard.

2 Likes

hey! i have a few more questions regarding keyboards, so i figured i will continue posting here instead of making a new thread.

i found these durock stabs on prime keyboards, and i was wondering which spacebar size to get for the gmmk pro.

also, i want to make my keyboard sound very poppy, and high pitched. im most likely going to get some alpacas, but was wondering the best mods for that desired sound, (foam, tape mod, etc.)

thanks!

2 Likes

GMMK Pro spacebar is 6.25u I believe

1 Like

alrighty thanks!

1 Like

Indeed as @Fenn said 6.25u

Alright, thanks I might have some more stabilizer questions.

Forgot to mention im also going to be going with some @Dozill stabs.

1 Like

Sorry Dozil! somehow it tagged you when I meant to say Durock’s.

1 Like

That is what I figured you were trying to say.

All good, we can call them Dozill Stabs from now on hahahaha :rofl:

1 Like

Sorry for so many posts (really) but was wondering what mods I should do to the GMMK pro to make it sound good. Does anyone have some recommendations? Im using “Dozil stabs” (durocks) and Alpacas.

1 Like

It’s all preference. Don’t do a mod just because someone else did, etc. You have to play around to get the sound you want.

1 Like

Okay, that’s what I figured, im just nervous if I take it apart so many times im going to break it.

For a higher-pitched, poppier sound, you may actually want to look into a long-pole switch and ABS keycaps. I can highly recommend Akko Vintage Whites :+1: :+1:

1 Like