Gmmk pro w/ brass plate

Thinking about getting a gmmk pro and going with the brass plate anyone else get the brass plate and if so how is it I haven’t had a keyboard with a brass plate yet.

Had a brass plate till I swapped it for a FR4 plate, the brass plate is really bassy, it’s not as flexible as alu or poly. I liked it with my glorious pandas though, I suggest you watch this video if you wish to hear how it sounds. Glorious GMMK Pro (Brass Plate) - Sound Test with every switch on my shelf - YouTube

1 Like

I have the brass plate and the Glorious Pandas. I personally like the feel and weight of it. I’d be curious to know how the lubed Pandas might feel with it, but that’s a project for the future, lol.

1 Like

Has anybody tried the poly carbonate plate?

1 Like

@codywcook I really liked the pc plate

2 Likes

I’ve been using the PC plate since I got my GMMK, and the only complaint I had was the Durock V2 stabilizers didn’t fit in it very well. I have an FR4 plate on the way, and I’ll be able to provide a comparison once that comes in!

3 Likes

I thought they fixed the pc plates to fit with durocks?

1 Like

Mine has durock v2 and pc plate that fit and I got it in flex batch ages ago

1 Like

I have one of the first runs, so I don’t have the updated design. I was able to squeeze them in without filing though

1 Like

I ordered the brass switch plate with my GMMK Pro order today… Looking forward to trying it out… Prolyl going to end up getting the poly plate as well… just to change things up here and there

1 Like

did you use the foam with the PC plate?

1 Like

Yep

2 Likes