GMMK Pro switch out?

Was there something if we have a first batch of gmmk pro we can have it switched for one of the new ones with better plate punch and better lubed stabs?

1 Like

If you had issues with it when you first bought it, best bet would have been sending it back then. At this point, I doubt they’re going to swap out the first boards that were shipping out for current stock, especially if it’s been used.

1 Like

I was one of the earlier boards. I ended up opening mine up, replacing and holee modding some durock V2s. I had to file down the aluminum plate. While it was a lot of effort, it came out quite nice. I would recommend giving it a shot.

However, I have seen that even on some of the earlier builds with the narrow stab punch outs, there are some secondary stabs that will still fit that size space. So if it’s not something you want to pursue, you can still replace them.

Hopefully that helps. Best of luck.

2 Likes

i got an fr4 plate from avx works. fits perfectly and sounds so much better

4 Likes

Welcome to the Guild! I’ve been meaning to look up different plates to try for my GMMK Pro. Might just go with the brass one though

4 Likes

@Pseudo was wondering if we wanted to start a thread of compatible upgrades. Sounds like there might be some interest.

3 Likes

I’d definitely be interested!

1 Like

Same here!

1 Like

That actually sounds like an awesome idea. Be a great resource for people who might have just gotten one or be getting on in the future.

1 Like

can you link me? i went on there website and it seemed to no longer be available

1 Like
2 Likes

did you get the white? they dont seem to have a picture of it on there site, just wondering if the white would offer a rgb effect similar to the polycarb plate

1 Like