GMMK Pro Knob mute not working

So far so good. Overall very pleased with the keyboard and wireless model O-.
Using red gateron switches and just getting used to the 75% layout.
Hopefully they will add more features through the Glorious Core in future updates because that’s really my biggest grief with this.

The other day I was listening to music while work from home and had to mute quickly because someone was at my door. I realized that the knob seemed “stuck” as in I didn’t get a tactile feedback and it also didn’t do anything.
Upon investigating, I found out that removing the knob, everything worked fine. And if I really pressed hard and at a bit of an angle I could sometimes get it to work.
Basically what seems to happen, is that the knob is hitting the base of the keyboard, hence why I cannot press it down fully.
Upon looking inside the knob as well as the keyboard and everything. Nothing really seems off. As in Nothing inside the knob seems broken and nothing on the keyboard seems lose / not put together correct.

I was curious if anyone else has this problem?

I’m a little bit disappointed that a keyboard at this price range has these issues, hoping that I just got a bad batch.

Here’s a link to a video I uploaded with and without the knob:

Video Link

I know it sounds like the knob is being pressed down with a fair travel distance in the video, but it feels like it’s moving maybe a mm or so max, please compare with the tactile sound it makes as soon as I remove it.

Hey there! Yeah if you’re knob is hitting and not allowing you to depress it to mute you should definitely reach out to support as they’ll be able to confirm it’s not something that can be adjusted and can offer you a replacement from our end.

So sorry it’s not cooperating with you, but hopefully we can get that fixed for you right away!

2 Likes

Glorious reached out to me and is sending a replacement knob. Fingers crossed that’s all I need. I will update this once I receive it in case anyone else has the same problem.

Thanks

2 Likes

Excellent, glad they’re replacing it for you :raised_hands:

1 Like

Just wanted to post an update:
Glorious sent me a new knob and it works perfectly. I noticed that the new knob had a bit more resistance when I put it on (which makes me think that the old one had some broken plastic inside).

Great customer support and super fast shipping.

Very happy with my new keyboard.

3 Likes

So glad to hear this solved the issue, especially since the “press to mute” feature is one I personally use all the time :mute:

Unrelated but your cat is so cute!! What’s their name?

*Edit, just realized there are two cats here :joy:

1 Like

Haha cats are the best.
The one in the chair is Johnny. We found him hiding under a shed protecting four little kittens who have all found great homes now. It took me 2 months to earn his trust because he was so aggressive, but now he’s the sweetest thing ever.
The guy on the computer is Hamtaro, I fostered his mom when she was pregnant, and he was the only one who survived, so I couldn’t let him go :blush:

1 Like

Hamtaro!! A phenomenal name. Glad Johnny and the kittens all have great homes now :smiley_cat:

1 Like