GMMK Pro Durock v2 issue

Hey everyone, I bought the GMMK Pro on Black Friday with the alum plate. I am trying to install the Durock V2 Stabs, but they are not fitting properly… the small ones are okay but the space bar stab has to be squeezed in very tight and it’s making it so the stab doesn’t bounce back.

I was under the impression that they have updated the plates to accommodate the larger after-market stabs. Did I get an old one? Or are people still having this issue? Anything I can do to fix it? I could file it down… but I would rather not resort to that as I don’t have a file right now and would have to hunt down someone that has one.

Please let me know about your experience and if you have any suggestions/recommendations about stabs that are just as good as Durocks. They are my favourites, but I haven’t tried a ton.

Thanks!

Hello @Faz . Sorry to hear the stab side trouble. I was unable to fit my durock V2s on my board without filing down the punch outs. There are some cheap files on Amazon that snagged and they worked perfectly.

As for other stabs, I made a post that lists some options here: https://gloriousforum.com/t/gmmk-pro-possible-modifications/7451?u=liquidmaverick

There is a YouTube link for stab sizes and has a side by side in the video.

Hopefully this helps.

3 Likes

Thanks! Would you say the C3 stabs are comparable to Durocks? I’ve never tried them and I really like that “crisp” feel that Durock V2s have (if that makes sense)

1 Like

To be honest I have never tried them. I saw a build on YouTube with an early version where they used stabs that fit the old thinner printout and it seemed to come out nice. I would do some searching for online builds with those stabs to see if it’s nice. I did the durocks and got a hand file and went to town. Was a lot of work but fun all the same

I use c3 stabs all the time because my ocd wants the stabs to match the rest of the keyboard but i love them have some more coming in the mail tomorrow for a new build…they just came out with a newer updated version too. But Durock V2s are always what I get if I cant find a color of them I like.

1 Like

Awesome! If you tend to like both of them I’m sure I’ll be good with the C3s. I’ll take a look for those because I’d rather not file down my plate if I don’t have to.

1 Like

Follow-up question, where do you usually buy from? They seem either sold out or have really high shipping costs. Any suggestions?

I’ve always bought them off their website and shipping is only 5 dollars for me anyway. They do tend to sell out of some of the colors but they restock them pretty often.

I haven’t gotten around to using any of the new V3 versions of the C3 stabs, but I’ve used them in a few boards in the past and I’d say they are comparable to the Durock V2s. No issues in the few boards I’ve used them in, and I even plan to get some of the V3s at some point to try them.

I buy them right from TKC’s website.

2 Likes

Awesome. I did check TKC previously, but they were all out of stock. They seem to be back in now so I ordered some. Thanks everyone for the help! Much appreciated :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had similar issues with durock stabilizers and the alum plate. I picked up the polycarbonate plate and it seems to work/is compatible.