Durock v2 Stabs on newer batches of GMMK PRO

Hey there. So I’m trying to get the most out of my GMMK Pro and intend to test some different switches and stabs. I mainly use the poly carbonate plate, as I feel the aluminum gets a bit pingy with my current setup.

I was just wondering if anyone have had problems with the Durock v2 on newer GMMK Pro’s? I received my keyboard end of December, so I would assume I have the new fixed plates, but of course it’s hard to tell if one of the older ones “snuck” in.

Tldr; If I order a bunch of new switches + stabs to test out and it turns out the fit is extremely tight, does anyone know if this is normal or just indicates I have an older plate?

1 Like

I put Durock V2 stabs in my PRO and ended up having to file the cut outs for the stabilizers on the plate down. I must have gotten one of the old plates or something, because I was under the impression that they had fixed the overly snug fit.

1 Like

Damn that sucks. Was that with the poly carbonate plate or the aluminum?

That was on the polycarbonate plate. Im lucky enough that I have a decent collection of hobby tools laying around from projects, so it was a pretty quick fix.

1 Like

I contacted support and they sent me this link.

I think I’ll try my luck, worst case scenario I can go back to the old ones until Glorious comes out with a v2.

I guess that’s what you get for naming something GOAT :joy:

Yeah, Glorious certainly shot themselves in the foot with the branding for the stabilizers. It looks like theyve taken the criticism to heart though, as they announced a sign up for beta testing the V2 Glorious stabs. I will leave a link here if you are interested in applying to test them.

Glorious also maintains a YouTube channel, that has a video on disassembly/reassembly of the GMMK PRO. You can check it out here if you want a step by step guide.

1 Like

Yeah thanks. I used it for putting together my keyboard as this is my first custom keyboard. I wish there wasn’t so many screws though :pleading_face:

Yeah, their are definitely a handful of screws on the PRO. One of the items I have in my keyboard kit is a small magnetic bowl, that has probably saved me a lot of headaches. Makes it a lot easier to keep small items organized and separated.
Congrats on building your first board by the way. I picked this hobby up a few years ago and I really enjoy learning about new parts and customization options. Be sure to post a pic of your board when you get it all finished.

1 Like

I was trying to find a small magnetic tray, do you by any chance have a link ?

I’m still waiting for a few things to get in stock, but so far I’m thinking I’ll go for either Gateron Milky Yellows, KTT Grapefruit or KTT Strawberries (I hear they sound great stock and doesn’t really need lube).

I’ll let you know how it goes with the stabs and everything.

Here is the link for the bowl I picked up a ways back, Titan Mini Magnetic Parts Tray. I only needed something small for holding screws, but they make larger versions.
If youre someone who likes the thought of having a larger work space, I can also recommend a silicon soldering mat like the one shown here. I plan on picking one of these up after I remodel my desk, so I can have a dedicated work station for projects.

1 Like

Can vouch for the ktt strawberries I love them :heart_eyes:…didnt lube them mostly out of laziness but they feel nice.

1 Like

I got lucky when I put Durock v2 stabs in mine I put the brass plate and it fit perfectly!

2 Likes

Thanks I found some similar ones on the Canadian Amazon site

Nice, I think I’ll take my chances. If they don’t fit the alu or poly plate I got, I can use them in a future build.

1 Like

FWIW - I went with the AVX FR4 Plate in my GMMK Pro which fit Durock Stabs perfectly. I’ve enjoyed the play quite a bit more than the Aluminum, and has a less rigid typing experience.

3 Likes

woah its a really good price i might have to buy that :bread:

They look amazing I might try those. Thanks for the link.

I had this issue out of the box with my keyboard Ordered being of January. I emailed support and got a replacement plate that fits the Durock v2. The new plate fit them fine no modification is needed.

1 Like

Does this plate block out a lot of the RGB? I’m using the polycarbonate plate currently and I like how it looks