COVID activities to pass the time

Hey everyone,

I recently recovered from my first go round with COVID. It laid me out for about 3 days. Not a lot of fun. I would imagine that a good portion of you may have gone through it as well. I am curious how you all passed the time. I also figured this might be a good thread for those who are currently or will be going through it as a lifeline to connect with others while isolated.

My major pass time was watching the Obiwan series and more YouTube than what I would deem healthy.

Hope you all are doing well out there. And if you need a place to vent about it, I figured this might be a good spot to do it.

7 Likes

Hope you are feeling better and doing well @LiquidMaverick! What symptoms did you have while you were sick? I caught mine on the way back from Disney so I’m not sure if someone had it at the airport or on the plane but I am fully vaccinated and I’d say i’m lucky it didn’t hit me as hard. For me it felt more like a head cold. Actually didn’t think I had it until I lost my sense of smell and taste was really faint. If I had something with a really strong taste like Onion, I was able to get a hint of it. Before this though I had a sore throat, the sniffles and cold and hot sweats which would only happen at night. I lost my senses after being sick.

What did you think of the Obi series? I should’ve done a little bit of binge watch. I really want to sit down and watch that show but I do WFH so I was still able to work and decided to freshen up on my excel skills for work so took some online courses to try to advance my skills.

As @LiquidMaverick said, if anyone needs a place to vent or just chat please feel free to add here or reach out via a message.

4 Likes

@LiquidMaverick Sorry to hear you caught it, but glad you’re feeling better!

I spent most of my time with COVID watching Alone. I have never been a big survival show person, but that one seems relatively legit and made me feel I should go practice starting a fire / making a shelter / weaving a fishing net.

@MannyM15 sharpening your Excel skills via online courses is the most productive use of COVID sick time I’ve heard yet!

3 Likes

@Millions you’re making me think about these skills and how an excel course will not help me out in the wild lol. On a serious note, It blows my mind watching these shows and seeing the talents people have when they are thrown into something like this, what they build and how they survive!

2 Likes

Symptoms were a progressive sore throat into chills and aches for 3 days. I would wake up and have trouble moving until I took advil. After that I would sweat like crazy.

Obi series was decent. I honestly think Ewan McGregor is one of the best actors. He sold the whole thing super well. I won’t say too much beyond that.

And sharpening the excel knife. That’s just nuts. I promise you that zero productivity happened while I was sick.

4 Likes

Had it after visiting my brother and sister-in-law in Wyoming; guessing I caught it on the plane or airport. Was fine for a couple days and then bad headache one day. That night I had the worst chills I’ve ever had, and then woke up with a 102 fever. That all passed in a day, then it was just coughing for a few days and then I tested negative. I got lucky that it passed pretty quick and only had one really bad day; my fiancé, on the other hand, had it bad for about a week before she started feeling better (but she ended up having bronchitis after, she got really unlucky with everything).

Spent the first two days (the two days I actually felt sick) just sleeping and I too finally binged Obi-Wan and finished it. After that, just went back to gaming as normal since I no longer felt like I was dying.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that you got laid up with COVID, I’m glad you are feeling better! I have not had COVID or anything but back in 2020 right as COVID was just appearing I was put into a medical induced coma for a month or so, almost dying three separate times and because COVID was in full swing by the time I came out of the coma I wasn’t aloud any visitors or anything while I was in the hospital going through recovery and physical therapy to get my strength back because I was so weak from the coma and laying in a bed for so long. So I know all about the isolation and the boredom and how just having the slightest connection to the outside world (mine was talking to my mom and son on Facetime) can help with the depression and loneliness. Great idea @LiquidMaverick for a post for others to reach out for support and to share their experience with one another, It can be very therapeutic to be able to talk and share your experiences with others that have been in the same situation.

3 Likes

I still haven’t started the Obi-Wan Series. I plan to start watching it here soon, how did you like it?

2 Likes

Not the person asked, but I’ll chime in: it was nice to see Ewan reprise the role, but I felt some of the writing was very “meh” and that some of the scenes were shot very poorly and or directed poorly; with that said, I enjoyed it for the most part.

3 Likes

I’m currently recovering from my first bout with covid, and I spent two days in bed just watching Netflix. Pretty standard sickness activities unfortunately

4 Likes

All good I will take an answer from anyone that has an opinion. Thank you for your thoughts on it

1 Like

Glad to hear you’re getting better! I had it twice so far over these past 2+ years.

We spent a lot of time out side actually. And had a second child. Of course playing games, but I was able to work remotely from the beginning, so I still had to “somewhat” carry on like normal.

Probably the biggest thing that was different was I got back into RC cars. It’s been probably 15 since I last owned one.

4 Likes

Hope you are feeling better! I am one of those shut-ins that has gone this whole pandemic with not so much as a sniffle.

Who knew being an introvert was healthy? :man_shrugging:

I know my luck will run out eventually, but luckily there is like a whole boatload of stuff on YouTube. Also, I have more un-lubed switches coming in, thanks to the Fox Group Buy and the Pandas being on sale…

Get well soon!!!

3 Likes

Glad you are feeling better!

Thankfully, I haven’t caught it yet, at least I don’t think I have… I was really sick early in Feb of '20, or whenever it first came around. I’m starting to lose track of the years XD

But my second round of vaccines did me in for about two days. It was pretty rough.

4 Likes

Unfortunately it’s my time to post. Just recently tested positive, but luckily so far I haven’t been hit too hard by it!

2 Likes

Keep us posted. Hopefully it’s very mild. And binge some shows!

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, I hope it is just a mild case. Yeah keep us posted and try to take it easy. Binge some shows like @LiquidMaverick said. Get well soon @SwaggyAlpaca

1 Like

Thanks, I will definitely binge some shows and maybe through some gaming in there if i’m up for it. Hopefully the gilded cap can brighten up my day when it comes!

1 Like

BOO! Just saw this… Sorry, Swaggy :pensive:

Luckily there is tons of stuff to binge out there, and lots of guild build VODs on Twitch and YouTube to get even deeper in this rabbit hole of a hobby!

Get well soon, my dude!

1 Like

Big thanks! I’m trying out cross stitching, sounds grandma, but pretty fun!

3 Likes