Cleaning a model o

Hi guys any tips I could use one cleaning my white model o after like a year of use the frame underneath the honeycomb is kinda gross and I want to clean it up to sell to a friend

Take the back off with a credit card or a plastic flat item that can pry off the back plate. I actually use lens wipes to wipe down every part of my mouse!

If you want to clean more of the mouse, you can actually take off the whole top shell by removing the screws underneath the mouse feet. (Just be careful taking off the feet if you have the G-Floats or anything).

Once you have the bottom screws off, use that same plastic flat tool to separate and pull the bottom from the rest of the mouse, but DO NOT PULL HARD because there are some fragile wires connecting the two pieces. Here, you can wipe down the inside of the mouse.

Again, I use lens wipes for wiping down my stuff. If you want to get the mouse cleaner, canned air is also useful! Whatever you do, don’t do anything too forcefully when taking apart the mouse since most of it is plastic.

2 Likes

We’ve got this article here How to Clean Your Mouse: Tips for Cleaning Your Computer Mouse, but @SupahHuman also shared some great ideas that aren’t in here!

I will say be careful when taking apart the mouse, as I know opening the mouse usually voids the warranty.

2 Likes