What switches does the Model O Wireless use?

On Glorious’ website, it says the switches used are Omron 20Ms, but I’ve seen posts about a revision of the mouse which changed the switches to Kailh 8.0s, but there’re no changes made to the spec sheet of the Model O Wireless on the website. So which mouse switch does the Model O Wireless actually use?

2 Likes

Im not 100% sure because I am not staff nor have I opened the mouse. But maybe you are thinking of the Model O Pro/Model O 2/Series One Pro which utilizes an 80 mil click switch. While the regular Model O Wireless presumably only has the 20 mil Omron’s.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @TWR!
Sadly mine was a first-wave model o wireless so I am not sure about other iterations of the mouse. I have opened this up and can confirm that these are Omron2.0.
With that being said @TWR, maybe you are thinking of the model D wireless (having an update to the switches) as that has also been opened up by me and appears to be Kailh GM 8.0s in that.
@ice is correct that those other mice listed have updated 80 mills but I am not sure about the manufacturer, as I have not opened my series one pro or model O Pros yet.

1 Like

This was even news to me. I guess we need some staff in here for confirmation or maybe try reaching out to support. Also, Glorious needs to do some updates on the product pages if true.

1 Like

Sheet, I am medicated too. I could be super wrong :rofl: good comms @ice we HODL for staff fo sho

1 Like

Lol there is an article confirming it so I guess we shall wait

1 Like

Double confirming the model D wireless has the “Glorious Kailh GM 8.0” in it.
As stated :rofl: I am medicated and I needed to put some ceramics on this bad boy anyways lol

1 Like

I put glass on mine way better than the ceramics IMO

1 Like

I have converted my mains over to glass but lowkey these dots from Lamzu (on hybrid pads) are absurd! Thanks for the heads up on those though! This sweetheart is just getting the ceramics though and it’s back to the shelf haha

1 Like