What DPI do you play on?

• I use AimLabs (400-800)
  • What is DPI? (1000-1200)
  • I like to be fast (1400-1800)
  • I AM BECOME CAFFEINE (2000+)

0 voters

5 Likes

I play at 500dpi and surprisingly have never used AimLabs or any other aim training software :rofl:

3 Likes

I use 800 as I’ve heard it provides some of the best response and then I reduce sensitivity in game to dial it in.

4 Likes

I used to play on 1600.

Then I found Jesus.

7 Likes

I use 800 and then like @LiquidMaverick in game I dial it in, be it higher or lower. Never used AimLabs neither

3 Likes

i use 6000 dpi. just increase the mouse sensitivity to move faster and the increased dpi improves your precision. no need to play at low dpi imo

1 Like

800 for me

1 Like

I play with a flat DPI of 400. I used to play with it at 3200, but then I learned about how super high DPI caused “noise” in some sensors. I had to bump the setting down a few hundred at a time, and it probably took 3 or 4 months to get all the way down. I also noticed that the lower sensitivity helped a lot with my shaky hands.

1 Like

I play at 3200 DPI… My reaction times aren’t what they use to be after hitting over 45 so can’t play at lower DPI, need the fast mouse movements. Still can get Nukes from time to time in COD, so I’ll take it since majority of the people I’m playing against I can easily be their father, if not Grandfather :rofl:

4 Likes

I use 800/1000. Never heard of aimlabs though.

2 Likes

3200 usually 6400 after a few cups of cold brew

2 Likes

Been at 400 for awhile. I struggle at 800+ in most games. Arm aim gang.

2 Likes

400 DPI since day 1. Not sure I could ever change. Would take a lot of relearning to go higher lol

1 Like

I had a 4k display for a long time, and used it w/o scaling. At lower dpi you had to drag your mouse across the desk, literally. Also most mice default to like 1600 or 1700 either way. It’s what I’ve been using for years. Finger/claw type

1 Like

I’ve been on 800 for about 10 years now.

Its funny how upset I was about the Razer Boomslang releasing a 2k DPI version back in 2002 or whatever it was, when I was “stuck” with the 1k version.

I’m sure the sensor was better, but man have we come a very long way.

Its also worth noting that while researching all of Razer’s major releases, even back with the release of the original Boomslang in 1999, people were asking for lighter mice. So this ain’t just a fad :wink:

3 Likes
  1. I know you can technically get better accuracy by going higher, but I’m lazy and don’t want to have to reduce my Windows sensitivity or lower the sensitivity in every single game I ever open, so 800 seems to work fine.
1 Like

Did y’all know that CORE has a DPI Lock for mice? (Essentially a “sniper button”) :sparkles:

You can bind a mouse button to DPI Lock (under Keybindings > DPI) and set the value. Your mouse will utilize that DPI while holding down the button it’s bound to.

3 Likes

It’s not a new feature, idk who actually came up with it first, but it’s been on mice for a while now. Often called a sniper button, and a button positioned so it was easy to press with your thumb.

same, except it was 1800 :sweat_smile:

ive settled in at a 650DPI. i slowly worked my way lower so it wasnt a shock going from using 1800 for like a year