To what degree do you celebrate Halloween?

• Not at all, no fun for me thanks.
  • Slightly - I’ll hand out candy (aka eat the candy I bought to hand out)
  • Big fan - I’m carving a pumpkin while drinking a PSL in my Hocus Pocus tee.
  • Obsessed - I’m watching horror movies all month long, covering my lawn in spiderwebs, and have been planning my costume for months.

0 voters

2 Likes

Had fun dressing up and going to parties when I was younger, but it just doesn’t have the draw for me anymore.

But with the kids I’m sure I’ll get dragged around a few too many neighborhoods collecting as much candy as possible.

4 Likes

I’ll carve a pumpkin with the family and hand out candy if anyone comes by. Never was a big Halloween person but I do love seeing what costumes everyone is wearing.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, pumpkin carving is alright. Last year I took all the seeds from the two pumpkins my sons carved, and made 3 or 4 batches with different flavors added.

Wonder if we have any good pumpkin carvers in the forum… :eyes:

3 Likes

Our neighborhood is densely packed with houses. It’s a destination area for many kids. If the weather is nice we bring our fire pit to the front driveway, have a fire and give out candy. Kids hit a couple blocks and then come back.

We also love carving pumpkins. Although based on what I’ve seen on the great glorious art show thread I’m sure my designs pale in comparison

2 Likes

I’m not a big fan of candy and trick-or-treaters don’t come by my house very often so I don’t have a need to buy candy. For Halloween, the most I do is have a get-together with a few friends and that’s about it.

2 Likes

I’ll do pumpkin carving with my son and I will hand out candy but I don’t dress up for Halloween or go to party’s, usually my son’s mom takes the him and his sister out trick or treating. She is one of those people that loves Halloween like Christmas. I am not like that at all, my Christmas is my Christmas and Halloween is just another day except there is a little more candy out in the World :joy:

I do however love the Fall Season. The smell of the crisp air and the changing of the leaf colors it truly is an amazing and beautiful sight up here in Michigan

4 Likes

Usually we do a pumpkin carving, bake some pumpkin goodies, and have a bowl of candy for the kids that come through, but that’s about it. No lawn decorations or costumes.

3 Likes

October is when I go on my yearly horror movie bender. Got a little too old for costume parties, but I do still try my best to have the best candy selection in the neighborhood.

2 Likes