Quality Control Issues, or I got a Refurb?

Hey all, I recently picked up a new mouse and decided to try the D- after my cat knocked over a massive glass of water onto my desk and ruined my Model O.

One of the first things I noticed was that the mouse didn’t seem to track properly, it was easy to notice because it got my head blown off during a gunfight in Hunt: Showdown lol. Anyway I started looking and it seemed like the sensor was angled strangely / not flush with the base of the mouse body. Anyway, I had planned on swapping in my custom blue cable on my Model O anyway and I cracked it open to swap the cable. Upon doing so I discovered that the PCB wasn’t seated in the housing of the mouse properly. Not sure if came from the factory like this, or if I got someone else’s mouse that was repackaged.

Either way I wanted to point this out and hope Glorious can get this under control. I really hope it’s a factory issue, because I really don’t want a mouse that somebody else already used. I’ve worked in IT for far too long to know just how nasty some people are and I really don’t wanna share input peripherals with another living soul.

TLDR: PCB wasn’t seated properly in my brand new mouse, I fixed it when I went in to swap the cable and it’s no big deal, just hoping it’s not a trend.

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know about this! I will share your feedback with our QA/Product Teams and make sure we keep an eye on this. Please reach out to support though if your fix doesn’t hold or the mouse has any other issues - we want to make sure you’re getting a product that lives up to Glorious’ standards.

1 Like

Hey there - QA here. :slight_smile:
This issue has been noted and I’m looking into it now. I appreciate you letting us know!

3 Likes

Actually, the more I use this mouse now the more I think I got a refurb, or maybe it’s just its design. Makes me wish I’d have just ordered another Model O. The left click on the mouse only registers if you press in certain spots, which I suppose wouldn’t be an issue if I didn’t have a claw grip.

I’ll post a short video showing you guys what I’m talking about. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hA1seb2PoUQd4nCk7

Hey there - sorry to see you’re experiencing this issue with your mouse.

If you have not already, please reach out to our awesome Support team. They’ll assist you further and take care of you. We want to make sure you’re getting an excellent product and experience!

1 Like