Plates that support 3rd party stabs

Hey everyone, hope you are all doing well! Have you guys moded your plate to get third party stabs to fix? Specifically Durock. I am hoping Glorious will come out with a plate in the future that will support them.

1 Like

The plates should already have been fixed to fit all 3rd party stabilizers a few weeks ago, as far as I know.

2 Likes

So do you think they will put them up for sale soon? My pre ordered plates definitely don’t accept them.

1 Like

If you had the early pre order plates I know those needed to be modified, but a few weeks later they updated the sizing of the plates to fit 3rd party stabs

2 Likes

The pre order Brass plate will not accept 3rd party stabs without some modification, I do wish they would allow us to return them and replace them with the newer plates since it does feel a tiny bit unfair early adopters have to work a bit more than newer adopters.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I’m saying. I’m going to reach out to Glorious to confirm that the plates they have now are made to fit 3rd party stabs. I just don’t want to order one, still have to modify it, and then 2 months from now, order a “V2” plate.

1 Like

Yeah would be good to check, I ordered a polyplate thinking it was a V2, the stabs went in well after a bit of pushing, but when I went to change my switches I noticed the tabs were pushing on it and pretty much broke it, so hoping to contact support tomorrow to see what can be done.

1 Like

My PC plate fits very tight with Durock V2’s. Makes the spacebar stick from time to time. May end up just switching to the stock plate, but I love the look of the PC with the RGB.

I don’t feel like spending $20 + shipping on a new one just to get the modified version.

2 Likes

So according to their Twitter, the plates got updated and Durock V2 screw ins should fit. I think I’m going to order a brass plate today. If I do, I’ll keep you guys posted. If anybody has gotten a brass plate after June 22nd, and has Durock V2 screw ins, please let me know how they fit.

1 Like

I have the gmmk pro pre ordered v1 and my durock 2 stabs fit, its a little tight but it fits.

1 Like

With the stock aluminum plate? Or which plate do you have?

1 Like

The stock plate that came with the keyboard

1 Like

From what i remember, V1 aluminum plates should fit the Durock stabs but the V1 polycarbo plates do not. But all the plates (V2) should be fixed now to fit Durock stabs.

1 Like

Hey guys, just wondering if anybody has gotten one of the newer brass plates and tried to fit the Durock V2 stabs yet. Support is telling me that they “should” fit, but I’m still a little weary of ordering one. Hope all is well.

2 Likes