New GMMK PRO Colored Top Frame | IC | TBD 2023

Hey @Millions are we still to expect the New Special Edition Colorways Top Frames Group Buy to still start this month (September)

2 Likes

@Dozill let me check on this and get back to you!

3 Likes

Thanks so much @Millions

2 Likes

:eyes: oh snap!

3 Likes

I will buy an Orange top frame no questions asked lol!

3 Likes

Another color I really would like to see is a Dark Purple or like a Plum/Dark Plum

3 Likes

I would totally buy an Olive/Matcha

2 Likes

They do already have a Green Top Frame but it is a Darker Green, Iā€™m not sure if they would want to put up another Green Colorway. I wouldnā€™t mind seeing a Lighter Green but I am more of a Darker Colorway kinda guy so I would really like to see a Dark Purple/Plum. I would also say a Red or Burgundy Top Frame is needed as well but now that I got my Zoom65 in Scarlet Red I would rather see some other colors. I already have a two Black Keyboards (GMMK2 & Pro), one Blue Keyboard (Keychron Q8) and once the Zoom65 EE is in my possession Iā€™ll have a Red Keyboard so I am hoping to change my Pro Top Frame to nice Dark Purple if it becomes available.

Edit: I suppose they have both a Dark Blue and Light Blue so maybe they wouldnā€™t mind going with a Lighter Green

1 Like

This might not be entirely related, but if they make a semi-transparent case for the gmmk pro with pastel color options, that is going STRAIGHT into my cart. no questions asked.

3 Likes

Semi-Transparent = Plastic

Iā€™m not the biggest fan of plastic cases, I like the idea of semi-transparent color case options, but I just cannot bring myself to go plastic now that I have gone aluminum/metal. Every board I have owned prior to my Glorious Keyboard (and others since) where plastic before and to be honest just junk boards (I didnā€™t know any better) and Iā€™m not saying all plastic boards are junk because that simply isnā€™t the case, but I just canā€™t go back to plastic now that I have experienced an aluminum keyboard

Iā€™m sure soon or a later after I own like 12 aluminum keyboards, I will finally decide to go with a plastic semi-transparent colored keyboard because like I said, I do like the idea of them, I do find them to be nice looking and some of them can be really cool.

So yeah @SwaggyAlpaca I would like to see an option at some point for a colored semi-transparent case as well, but as of now I am stubbornly sticking to aluminum/metal lol

3 Likes

Ive never used an aluminum keyboard before, so i would have no idea if it felt better, but i agree that change would be tough

2 Likes

Iā€™m excited for the day that you get to experience it my friend

2 Likes

Seafoam green or purple!

3 Likes

Dark Purple needs to happen

5 Likes

Yes!

3 Likes

Would love to see a burgandy/dark red or gunmetal top frame :pray:

3 Likes

Did someone say dark purple. Sorry not the best picture, but itā€™s purplelcious purple.

5 Likes

AYO! Welcome to the community! Can you let me know what you did with your top plate specifically? That thing is so :fire:

2 Likes

Thanks, I donā€™t think the photo does it justiceā€¦lol
It started off life as an ICE Whiteā€¦ AKA silverā€¦

All I did was wipe it down with acetone and I painted it with Purple paint

The paint just in case the link dies is the Testors extreme enamel Purpleicious. Itā€™s the awesome darker-sih purple with fine metal flake sparkle

I used a heat gun to heat the spray can (increasing the pressure makes a finer mist for better results)

I warmed the top and bottom plates because it was a little cool outside. You really donā€™t need to clear the enamel and you want to let it dry for at least 24 hours before trying to assemble the keyboard.

Also, the rubber feet can be peeled off and the sticker with the S/N can just be masked off

3 Likes

Before and after. Way better than the silver. I just need a gold knob to finish it off

4 Likes