My GMMK 2 RGB stays on even when my pc is off

Today i got my GMMK 2, and i love it, the only problem that i have is that when i turn of my PC the RGB stays on, is that a problem only for me, or is that something that i am missing out.

Thank you everyone!

1 Like

Shutdown is not the same as sleep, or hibernate. Also motherboards by default will provide power to usb ports like the front usb ports for charging purposes. You’ll have to read the manual for your motherboard on how to disable that, turn off the power switch on your psu, or just connect your keyboard to the rear usb ports instead of the front.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @joze156 ! I will second what @OrgChaos stated. It’s pretty common. It happens on my work computer but my personal computer shuts the lights off. It all dependent on the pc and not the keyboard

3 Likes

Should likely be in the bios settings, at least for my MSi boards it was. They default to off, but I turned them on for mouse charging.

2 Likes

I had the same issue with my GMMK pro. On my end it was the Asus motherboard. It looks like when you turn off your PC there is still power going to the USB ports so it would keep all my USB connected devices on. I went into the BIOS to turn it off.

2 Likes

Wait, you turn off your PCs???

5 Likes

I do. Sometimes I don’t use it every day, but even when I do, it’s habit.

2 Likes

Yes mine gets turned off daily due to just not being home, or power events possibly caused by weather. I do have an ups, but I’d rather just save on the power either way as I do not let the computer sleep as sleep and hibernate can cause some software and drivers to become unstable. This is on top of other settings like Fast Startup(Windows) aka hibernate, and Fast Boot(bios) also being disabled by myself. The real “Did you try turning it off, and on again?” meme is often due to issues with sleep, and hibernate(Fast Startup). If windows stability wasn’t bad enough the 3rd party software, and drivers can be far worse than windows itself.

3 Likes

This is a more advanced version of why I turn my PC off. It’s boots fast enough that it’s no problem turning it on also.

1 Like

I realized that the RGB turns off, but it turns on again when i type, i was so hyped that night that i keep typing just to fell my new keyboard

Thank you everyone for your responses!

2 Likes