Model D Wireless not working when charging

I’ve seen other posts about the MOW but haven’t found any solutions.
Is there a way to use the mouse while it’s charging?

2 Likes

As far as I’m aware you can just plug it in and use it with the included cables, but I don’t have one.

2 Likes

It doesn’t work for some reason. It just freezes and the only way to get it to work is if I reset my PC

1 Like

It might be a defective copy cause the one I received works fine when I plugged it in.

2 Likes

I know I’m a broken record, but chat support about this. It might be a firmware update thing with Glorious core too, as I know that’s caused an issue or two in the past.

2 Likes

Oh right! Thank you!

1 Like

Okay, weird thing, while waiting for support to respond I checked my battery and it was low so I plugged it in. But this time I turned the mouse off before plugging it in and it works while charging now!

3 Likes

Wow okay awesome, glad it’s working now! Surprising fix but I’ll take it haha.

1 Like

This is now happening to me on my MOW. Will try your method next. Right now, the only way to use the mouse wired is to restart the PC. If I have to restart just to do that, the mouse isn’t worth the hassle.

2 Likes

hey, try these two methods that customer service advised me to do.

1. Can you please retry the firmware update through the Glorious Core, as seen in the screenshot below?

We’ve been informed that this has helped a lot of customers fix a bunch of non-hardware related issues, including yours.

1. Could you also please try hard resetting the mouse? Hold LMB+RMB + Mouse Wheel Button, all three for a few seconds.

The mouse RGB lights will flash for a few seconds, signaling the restart.

The firmware update fixed the issue for me.

Btw: for Valorant, if you have your mouse plugged in when you start the game, it will not work when you unplug it. I think it may have to do with their anti-cheat software. But this may be the case in other games as well. So you would just need to remember to unplug before starting the game.

4 Likes

Oh also, if you keep getting an error for the firmware update just try reinstalling the software.

3 Likes

Did the firmware update and I have played valorant recenty, so that might be the cause. Will follow the other recommendations you provided. Thanks!

3 Likes