Model D Wireless Battery

Can anyone speak to the mouse settings under which the advertised 71H maximum battery life was achieved? Lighting style, brightness, speed, polling rates, etc.

1 Like

I always assume max battery life is achieved under ideal conditions. No lights, low polling, low lift off, etc

3 Likes

That’s certainly a way to ensure you’re getting as much battery life as possible.

I am hoping to be able to use some of the features of the mouse AND, perhaps, approach the advertised battery life.

1 Like

forgot plugged in

4 Likes

True! Mine has been plugged in since I got it, so it’s definitely lasted longer than 71H so far!

3 Likes

Seems about as advertised to me. I kept an eye on the battery over the past week and a half of using it. I noticed the battery would drop to ~45% after 2 days of moderate usage in the mornings and then gaming in the evenings. I have it set at 15% wireless brightness (I find this plenty bright in my setup even in a well lit room), 60% light speed, 1000hz polling. If my math is right, that’s like 68hrs at that rate. I’m assuming with lighting off you could probably reach the advertised battery life.

Personally, I’d like to see a removable AA or AAA powered model from Glorious (dare I say, without RGB :rofl:). I also own a Logitech G305 and a Razer Orochi V2 which are both AA powered (the latter can also use a AAA which is cool). The battery on both of those lasts forever. Weight-wise, they’d be the closest to the Model O and D wireless.

2 Likes

Is the battery rating not hours of actual usage?

2 Likes

Yeah it’s 71hrs of actual usage per their specs. It uses hardly anything while it’s asleep though and those are just my unscientific measurements from an average gamer standpoint. Been on vacation the last few days so I have been using it quite a bit while catching up on some gaming. Been playing a lot of Back 4 Blood in particular :+1:

3 Likes

Don’t hold your breath. I’m playing world of warcraft for about 5 hours and heroes of the storm another 3 and down to 35% battery life. That was with lighting in Glorious mode. I’ve turned lighting off completely and we’ll see if it gets any better. I do keep the wire with the USB wireless dongle about 12 inches from my mouse so it is super quick and easy to plug it in. Was hoping for a mouse I’d charge once maybe twice a week, looking like daily or every other day charges.

3 Likes

I tested starting full battery, 30% brightness/30% speed and it died at 45 hours.

I think I can go 2-3 days with normal usage between charges which is great. Was definitely hoping to stretch the 71h into 4-5 days, pipedream perhaps!

1 Like

Can anyone confirm that sleep mode is disabled by default? I use the G Pro Superlight for work and the battery life difference between the two is vast (MDW dies 3-5x faster) despite both advertised as ~70 hours. Lighting off on both and same polling rate.

See: https://www.reddit.com/r/glorious/comments/qfcosa/the_fastest_guide_on_how_to_enable_sleep_mode_for/

1 Like

I believe it’s on by default. I don’t remember changing the setting, but my mouse does turn off when I walk away for a while.

1 Like

Interesting. I’ll have to try out that profile thing and re-test battery life. But yeah I noticed my G Pro wireless lasts well over a week of usage where the MDW is maybe 4 days max (it would prob die on the 4th day).

ETA: just checked my JSON per that Reddit thread and sleep mode was enabled on my mouse already. Could be that the Logi Hero sensor is just that more efficient compared to the MDW BAMF sensor. Well I don’t see the battery life as a problem on the MDW long as it can last more than a day of gaming/heavy usage. Not like we can’t use it wired either.

1 Like

I lowered mine to 10% wireless and it’s been lasting a lot longer AND I’ve noticed it would go into sleep mode when my PC is in sleep, which I don’t think it did when I had wireless and wired as same.

2 Likes