Just bought GMMK doorbuster what else should I need

Hey I just bought my first Glorius order! I was excited to ee the black Friday doorbuster and ordered the GMMK and pandas. I ordered the unlubed panda switches. I didn’t order any lube or extras yet. Is there a recommendation or topic someone can post me to on the setup of thr keyboards?
I saw a few posts on how some of the pre-lubed got sticky so I’m wondering if there is a video explaining and examples what the right amount would look like. Is there a compendium on suggestions and tools to make all this easier? Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

There are a TON of videos on youtube about lubing I think Glorious even had one on their twitter not too long ago on how to lube. They sell all the accessories you would need like a switch opener, brush, lube, lube station but you don’t need those exact ones if you don’t want. I’ve always used the switch opener and the lube station they sell and a tiny brush but you can use whatever works best for you. Its been a while since i put my gmmk compact together but I believe you can just put the switches in and throw on the keycaps and your good. Maybe change the stabilizers if you want.

If anyone can add to this or if there was something I missed feel free to post it :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@justinn11 any more questions just ask there are ALOT of people here that can answer them for you! We would love to see it when it’s done too! :blush:

3 Likes

Here is the video from Glorious on Youtube about how to lube switches!

4 Likes

Pandas are great unlubed if you’ve never used lubed switches before. If you want to lube them there’s tons of videos out there, I suggest checking the pins on each switch before you push them in. Some of my boxes came with like 1 or 2 pins slightly bent. They’re really easy to fix.

2 Likes

Thanks! I tried searching. What keywords should I use if I run into that?

1 Like

On the bent pins? I just use the switch puller and bent it back straight unless it’s SUPER bent. Then most YouTube videos “how to fix bent switch pins” are pretty helpful

3 Likes

A quick note: if you got the door buster setup (regular GMMK) then you should be able to get up and running right out of the gate to my understanding.

The rest of the advice is for improved sound and feel. So if you are very new to the mechanical keyboard game, you should have a fully functional setup. The rest of this is all the fun of tweaking it to sound and feel exactly how you want.

Let me know if I misunderstood something. And welcome!

3 Likes

That make sense. I’ll give it a go before I decide what to do as is, unlubed. Was determining gif I should buy the line station and stuff at 20% off or wait until I know what I need.

2 Likes

@justinn11 its not something that you really really need…i use it because im not an organized person and lose everything so it helps me keep everything contained in front of me lol…i recommend it but I know a lot of people that will just use a couple bowls to keep everything in or tupperware…all preference.

2 Likes

I’ll make a generic statement around the progression for me. I started with a GMMK full size. I great enjoyed the switch sampler pack and ordered what I liked the most. As time went on, I became more interested in other setups and watched a lot of videos. I went from loving my board, to needing to do something about the stabilizer rattle.

I state all this to say my recommendation would be to get setup. Get comfortable with your build, explore and expand organically. The journey is part of the fun (from my view).

You can tweak as little or as much as you want.

3 Likes

with switches, less is more. TaehaTypes youtube video is always the go-to

1 Like

Hey! I also bought it, but still waiting for DHL to process shipment to Singapore. I wanted to ask, does it come with stabilizers? Would I need to purchase any to use the keyboard? Thanks!

1 Like

If you got the door buster you should have everything you need to get up and running.

I just got the pre-lubed Pandas, and this is my first time using lubed switches. I don’t think I can ever go back to unlubed after this! Saved me time and effort, and the little extra I paid for pre-lubed was well worth it.

1 Like