[Introduction] A new player has entered the game!

Hello to the world of Glorious!

Stopping by the forums for the first time to introduce myself :slightly_smiling_face:

You can call me br33zy (breezy), and I’ve just come onboard as the new community manager for Glorious.

A little bit about me: I’ve been a gamer my entire life (over three decades, which… seems like a lot now that I’m putting it in writing). I’ve competed in some high-level gaming tournaments in various games including: Halo 3, Fortnite, PUBG, and Apex Legends. My game changing moment (pun unfortunately intended), is when I built my first PC back in 2015 and never looked back to console games.

Expect hearing a lot from me in the coming weeks, months etc. I want to do my best by the community, so expect everything from more casual conversations to questions about what y’all want to see more of. And some fun events :slight_smile:

Finally, In the spirit of getting to know each other better, I’d love to know a show/movie you watched recently and enjoyed. I’ll go first:

• Bullet Train: Thoroughly entertained from start to finish. If you like action and laughing, this one’s for you.

• Shrinking: Surprisingly good. I’m a big fan of Jason Segel. Only two episodes in but I’m very curious on where the season/show will go.

Cheers everyone,
br33zy

11 Likes

Welcome!

I’ve recently watched White Lotus. The writing on that show is so good. Especially the second season. :star_struck:

4 Likes

Welcome @br33zy! Stoked to have you on the team :handshake:

We finally started watching The Boys lately and wow, why didn’t I watch this sooner? So good, loving it, highly recommend.

3 Likes

LOVE The Boys. It might take the cake of “hardest show to watch, but I also can’t look away”.

3 Likes

Oooo. I keep hearing only good things about this show. Moving it up on my list :grin:

4 Likes

Hey @br33zy :wave:

I’m another one of those 3+ decade gamers. I’ve never done any competition stuff though since I generally despise PvP. (Destiny 2’s PvP was the last straw for me. Way too toxic for an old-man gamer like me.) But I do love a game with a good single-player campaign.

Cheers and welcome aboard!

4 Likes

Howdy!

I agree that Bullet Train is a fun ride (pun intended), and the action was unashamedly absurd in the best way.

For me, I gotta say HBO’s The Last of Us has been phenomenal. Big fan of the games, and it’s been awesome seeing them translate it to the screen.

While I like adaptions that stick close to the source material, the liberties they’ve taken have only added to the story.

Highly recommend!

3 Likes

Thanks @ghammock79! Yeah, I’ve since put my “competitive” days behind me. I’m much more into casual, indie, story games etc too!

If you ever have a rec or want some, I love talking games with people!

2 Likes

Bullet Train is a fun ride (pun intended)

great pun. great pun.

HBO’s The Last of Us has been phenomenal

Have you played the games? I’m wondering if I should before I dive into the series.

2 Likes

So glad to have you @br33zy!

I just finished The Legend of Vox Machina this weekend and really enjoyed it! Definitely recommend to anyone who likes fantasy or animated series for adults.

3 Likes

Welcome!!

Watching and liking the new Sarah Michelle Gellar show Wolf Pack but as for movies, probably still going back to Top Gun: Maverick as my favorite one of recent.

3 Likes

Watched the second season of Clarkson’s farm 2 recently I know oddly boomer show for a gamer to watch. But the very controversial British man really shows his compassion and humanity with farming and season 2 really shows his struggle with the British farming equivelant of a HOA. The characters in the show supporting Clarkson are all lovable even if one is not a fan of him as a person genuinely really fun show.

Another great show I’ve been keeping up with is game changers on drop out a streaming service like 4 people use the new season releases a new episode every other week but genuinely really fun game show especially if your a fan of the current college humor cast either through previous seasons of this show or watching their other content like dimension 20
Also Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome to the club @br33zy!

I am extremely late in doing this, but over the past two months I have been watching the MCU movies (in chronological order) as well as some of the shows, such as Falcon and Winter Soldier. I’ve also been enjoying the Turning Point docu-series on Netflix, the first two episodes were really good at explaining and visualizing the shock and horror of 9/11, and The IT Crowd is a timeless classic.

Halo 3 was certainly the golden age of Halo. Playing in a tournament must have been a ton of fun!

2 Likes

Welcome!

I haven’t been keeping up with movies or tv shows that much so I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on everyone’s recommendations. My favorite most recent TV show would probably be Arcane from Netflix and for movies it would be Spider-Man No Way Home.

2 Likes

Welcome, so nice to have you join the Glorious Team

I just finished up watching the third and final season of His Dark Materials. It has been such a good watch and I’m bummed there won’t be a season 4 but I have heard that a spin-off is very likely

2 Likes

Welcome, @br33zy! Always a W seeing new team folk over at Glorious! :smiley:

A recent movie that I enjoyed a lot was Everything Everywhere All at Once. An interesting take on the fragility of life with a lot of alternate-universe jumping. (advising following the rating system for this one as it has some adult content)

For TV I have been going through Mythic Quest. I was a big fan of Always Sunny, so I was excited to see this. It holds up on its own and has a decent cast of characters. :slight_smile:

Excited to see you more, br33zy!
Remain Glorious!

1 Like

Thanks @tecmo34!

Top Gun: Maverick was such a good movie from beginning to end. It’s one of those movies where I had to watch the speed limit in my car driving home after haha.

2 Likes

Thanks @BoomerFingers, I’m really thrilled to be here.

Everything Everywhere All at Once

This is absolutely high on my watch list. I feel like I need to be in the right emotional state though before I dive in!

I was a big fan of Always Sunny

I haven’t heard of Mythic Quest, I will check it out. And if you like Always Sunny – they actually have a pretty good podcast out on Spotify :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love the recommendation! I am actually going through episode 65 right now of the Podcast! :rofl: I have to see Charlie Day’s face when he talks though, so I watch mostly on YouTube haha.
Mythic Quest has Rob McElhenney, and I do know that it’s an AppleTV-exclusive show.

That is a great call, as you do want to be in the correct headspace for that film. I’d consider it in the same vein as Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. :slight_smile:

1 Like