GSV2 Stabs

I tested with both, however I ended up removing the pads completely since they didn’t really feel necessary.

Also, yeah, I did a SUPER light lube job on mine because I wanted to be able to add more to test how much was needed. I ended up not adding any more at all. Like barely even noticeable.

1 Like

Crazy better than the original. It’s a shame they had to brand them as GOAT on their first iteration.

These V2s that require no holee and a light lube job could be my new “go to” for stabs.

Especially given the price point.

1 Like

Thanks! I ended up using some fiber Teflon tape as my pads because I wanted something other than PCB noise and it worked out great!

Very light lube on these. Super pleased for such a low price.

1 Like

Any videos out there on lubing/installing the GSV2 stabs with G-lube and no other mods? I cannot seem to find any.

In hindsight, they should’ve known better to name a product that without thoroughly testing them, they :100: shot themselves in the foot.

It’s literally my biggest gripe with glorious as a company I almost wish they named stuff like Sony cause that’s a step better than stuff like GOAT. The meme/gamer language makes it difficult to reccomend things or take seriously. Just like discord when they refer to wumpus. the flex kit was probably my favorite named product in a while because its just names what it’s meant to do. I dont ask for glorious to be boring in it’s naming i just dont want them to name anything a claim that they can’t back up again.

2 Likes

Not really. Use a very thin layer of lube/grease on the GSV2s, if anything. I tried them out for the first time last week in my new GMMK Pro and used the normal amount of dielectric grease I put in all the stabs in my other boards and the stabs would stick and not return after being pressed. Even after cleaning most of the grease off and using a thin layer, the stabs are still mushy on two keys. I might just replace them with Durock v2’s.

@Warheart1188 I took your advice and I swapped them this morning. Oh my goodness they are so much better than the mega over lubed GOAT stabs that were in my GMMK Pro barebones. There was lube all over the place when I dismantled the board. I used a light layer and there is zero rattle on the GSV2. I’m very happy. The only complaint I have is that (I’m assuming it’s the GSV2) the sound of the spacebar is significantly altered. All the other keys (lubed lynx switches, glorious gpbt caps) sound identical. The spacebar sounds like a hammer in comparison to the rest of the board though. Not sure how to fix that.

I have the same issue as you

@stevieb944 What issue exactly? The spacebar hammer? The GMMK Pro came with some acoustic dampener strips but I’m not sure how best to apply them to reduce the hammer. Hoping someone will chime in here eventually.

I can tell you it took me a while to find the right combination to give the space bar the sound I wanted. I used the tape mod but I cut the tape out from behind the space bar. I found I didn’t like how it impacted the sound profile.

My last addition is sound dampening pads for the space bar. Found something Like this that should help.

If you get a chance, take a video and show us what you’re experiencing.

3 Likes