GMMK Pro lighting issue

I just setup a new GMMK Pro. I want to use the hot keys to change the keyboards leds to solid white. After using FN and UP arrow to change the lighting to a solid color I then used FN and X to rotate through the available color pallet. White isn’t available but two blue options, which look the same, are available. I could use CORE to change the keyboards color to white, but would prefer hot keys since I’m a Linux user. Has anyone else ran into this issue while using the hot keys?

Cheers,

b4rry

Welcome b4rry!

Most users apply their lighting profiles to different layers on the keyboard. You then just switch layers to get the lighting you want. So for your hot keys, you just want to change to a different layer(aka not try to change the led’s themselves).

Personally, I do something very similar, but I use the fn+hotkey to switch between layer 0,1,2, & 3.

As a Linux user I would also suggest taking a look at QMK. I prefer QMK for better macro support.

Thanks skitzo2000. I eventually was able to get my lighting sorted after flashing the keyboards firmware from v28 to v43. Getting off of version v28 wasn’t trivial. Core would hang at 100% during the flash process regardless of the amount of time it was left running. I disabled my antivirus and Core successfully updated the firmware. The color pallet I was expecting is now available via FN + hotkey. The GMMK pro has more features than expected I will have a look at the layers.

Cheers,

1 Like