GMMK full-size + drivers?

I feel really stupid on this one, but I just got a new GMMK full-size, and can NOT get the drivers or software to work. The board works fine, but the software just fails and says it can’t detect the board. This does seem to have a new firmware, starting with s/n: SS121…

I have tried, usb1, usb2, and usb3 ports… again, board works fine, just no software support.

2 Likes

Just to check, are you using the Glorious Core software, or Glorious GMMK 1 Software?

For a full size GMMK you need the Glorious GMMK 1 Software.

2 Likes

Yeah… GMMK1 2018+ (other) one…

Core only works with GMMK Pro and Wireless mice (afaik)

2 Likes

Not to be rude if you have done the basics but, have you:
Power cycled
Made sure it’s fully seated in the ports
Updating drivers
Uninstalling and reinstalling drivers

Generally updating/reinstalling drivers has fixed problems with peripherals for me, though glorious hasn’t been a problem with me so far

Also for the record have you updated to Windows 11 or are you still on 10?

2 Likes

thanks for the reply, but yes… done all of that. Again, board works fine, been using it for a few days. The GMMK1 software isn’t working.

2 Likes

I think my board is bad. I have now tried it on multiple PCs (Windows 10 and 11) same issue.

I also found this thread, so I’m not alone.
https://www.reddit.com/r/glorious/comments/ql60b9/gmmk_software_not_detected/

While trying to troubleshoot, I found that the built-in lighting effects don’t work correctly. I can’t turn them on/off or change any of them with the built-in keys (FN+ F/G/H/C/V/B/ESC)

I have contacted support to see what my options are.

4 Likes

That’s probably the best option at this point. Hopefully they take care of it soon for you!

3 Likes

FWIW… been working with support. The new GMMK keyboards are fine, it’s the software. They emailed me a beta version, and my keyboard works as it should.

5 Likes