GMMK Compact Stabs

Just curious, has anyone ever changed the stabs out on their Compact? If so, which ones did you go with? I love the keyboard, ordered it the moment preorder went out, but the stabs leave a little to be desired.

4 Likes

Hey, yeah on my 60% GMMK I had swapped the stabs for cherry plate mounts and I think they are a good option , also have heard that the durock stabs are great but never tried em so … ive heard the zeal stabs are supposed to be good also

3 Likes

Awesome! I will look into the Cherry ones. How tricky was it to swap them out?

2 Likes

I’ve never changed the stabs in mine personally but i’m sure someone has before :smiley:

2 Likes

@WESslayz @Banu if theyre plate mounted its pretty easy especially on a hot swap board simple as taking off the key caps and and pulling out the switch for that set of stabs and the stabs have a little release lever on em so push that and lift up theyll come right out and install is reverse process just make sure they hook the plate properly lol , and for screw ins a little more as youll have to separate the PCB for the plate to access the stabs. only thing is if your board is not hot-swap then youll have to de-solder that switch to remove. hope this helps anyone looking to swap stabs. -uhRoy Senpai :shushing_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

I ordered some Durock stabs. Gonna lube and clip them too.

3 Likes

nice man ive heard nothing but good things about durocks and lubing and cliping theyre gonna sound nice ! :ok_hand:t4:

1 Like

@WESslayz I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure all durock stabs come clipped!

3 Likes

I believe this is the case for V2s only :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a set of the V1s and these are pre clipped. There is a set of durocks on Prevail Keys website that come un-clipped. These are Plate mounted not the screw ins.

2 Likes

I actually go a set of screw-in Durock for my KBD67 and a plate mount for my GMMK Compact. I got both from Prevail Key. I’ve loved using the boards so much more since upgrading.

2 Likes