Glorious O 2 review on ShortCircuit youtube channel

Hello guys especially @Millions ,

I guess you know about and saw the review on ShortCircuit

I am talking about this

It kinda went south pretty quickly since the mouse just didn’t work properly so they kinda laugh at the end and summarize the whole video with a big hell no

He wrote (edited) and pinned a comment with the following content shortly after:

UPDATE: Glorious has reached out to us about an update that has been pushed out that should fix the connectivity issues we had!

Imho (personal experience from friends) it didn’t really solve the issue since most of the ppl just skip these comments… so my question just out of curiosity

are you happy with the result? will be another review by them? is it solved or it’s gonna be there as a big negative review (almost 150k view in 3 days… all the other videos combined have less tho)

Maybe it’s not a forum topic I was just curious :slight_smile:

Thanks

4 Likes

I wonder if that is why my Model O 2 came with a specific note and email from Glorious to update my firmware before using the mouse. I think if that was the cause, Glorious did the right thing in sending out an email to all that bought it from the website on pre-order to update the firmware.

3 Likes

I’ve watched a handful of reviews on it but not specifically that one and while I haven’t seen anyone with problems, I’m seeing a lot of videos where people aren’t very impressed with it.

1 Like

well the underground mouse game has really improved over this past few years. plenty more competition so unless stuff like build quality really improves that much more or overall value it is harder to impress others. plus glorious as a brand has kind of weakened in the general peripheral reviewer world it seems

1 Like

I think this is a great talking point for the forums! Thanks for bringing it up @AdamoA

Come on…

Summary

The gift wrapping box should have been left off for sure for the Short Circuit review of the O2 :rofl:

Sadly the first two reviews that I saw past the extremely early rundown from IOSam; were the short circuit one, and the other the techne did. Both came with issues of firmware and QC. I had to cancel a few orders after seeing these and personal issues with Forge runs.
I doubt that Short Circuit will be changing that video or doing another. If Glorious is lucky they might get a YT Short from some form of LMG but that’s not likely, and would only impact an extremely small amount of consumers/viewers.

I personally have one more reviewer

Summary

Edit cause I missed this: Not the reviewer I was speaking of but this just came out earlier today RFP’s review of it.

I am waiting on for the Model O2 and from that, I may re-order the I2 since the I2 will be an always-in-stock thing once the dust settles for QC, etc. - I may give it a go. The O2 is not something that interests me because Glorious has already beaten it with other releases and these other brands are offering more and better. Also because if “the O ain’t broken” then I guess my O is still good enough :slight_smile:

But that MDP will be an empty spot on the shelf kinda like our lack of a model N in the collections and that is on the treading water of a company that I feel has begun to, and keeps missing its mark.

Lastly, the overall lack of enthusiasm, because the competition is so intense from these Indie brands, is hitting a chord that I humbly think needs to be heard by Glorious because we are seeing it…

@rice is right and I think it’s really just hitting its stride now. I’m not worried… my wallet is though. :sweat_smile: The collection will continue growing, hoping Glorious can make it back on my desk sometime soon. :purple_heart:

No swearing here, no insults. Just concern and maybe some snark and sarcasm cause you know, chickens. :chicken:
Be well and Recover Glorious friends,

4 Likes

Interesting. I’ve been avoiding coverage on the Model O 2 as I wanted to keep myself unbiased so I can make my own review video without it being tainted. I still have to buy them like everyone else so it’ll unfortunately be a few weeks before I can get my hands on one.

I still plan on buying one, and plan on using it.

Issues like this never really bother me. It happens, and it’s happened to companies WAY bigger than Glorious. The first wireless Razer Mamba was plagued with issues until Razer eventually dumped it all together. The first wireless Razer Naga I owned ran into issues. RMA’d 3 times until I got one that worked well.

There are just wayyy too many variables that come into play. If I buy one and it doesn’t work, then I’ll obviously be worried, but until then I just assume it’s a fluke/weird stuff that couldn’t be avoided until it got out into people’s hands.

2 Likes

I sadly shouldv’e listened to the shortcircuit review. got my model 02 wireless in yesterday on 03/18/23 and updated the firmware correctly using “glorious core” though the app is far from glorious and I get random disconnects, random mouse choppiness and random reset of settings like color and dpi. Going to refund the mouse and just stick with my Pulsar xlite v2, seems the chinese brand made a better mouse and software than these guys. let down especially after i was a day 1 model o wired user.

1 Like

@Teesav Sorry about your negative experience with the new new mouse and you certainly are allowed to have your own opinions about it but spamming the same message in multiple posts makes it seem like you have an agenda against glorious instead of letting people know that you’ve had a problem with your copy. I know if I saw someone spamming the same negative message everywhere I probably wouldn’t even pay attention to it but when its just once I think it would do more good. Just my opinion.

5 Likes

Man I just got mine and I am really dissapointed. I play primarily destiny 2 and when I try to play with this mouse the stuttering is unbearable. The moment I plug back in my model O wireless (first gen) it works perfectly smoothly. This firmware or the dongle is complete garbage.

2 Likes

Well, when I’m wrong, I’m wrong.

Summary

LMG did give an update to the O2 in the video they just released for the Pulsar/RFP using it as a comp to it and others:

Testing Another YouTuber's Mouse - YouTube

Still waiting on the one other reviewer but they should release theirs this week.

EDIT
Other review I was waiting on is live:

I appreciate the breakdowns he has and the pros and cons. This is a bit longer but he goes through a few things in regards to LTTs video. @LiquidMaverick, you will be happy as he pointed out the debounce time from those videos as well.

If my OG Model O ever goes bad/away I will pick one up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welll this is another negative review about the O2… something went south apparently

I have O- wireless and Series One Pro… without any problem but even me who use glorious stuff since 2019 gonna be more careful from now on

Definitely a bad look :frowning: In my group of friends ppl is convinced that glorious doesn’t make good product and expensive and times like this it is hard to defend otherwise :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to believe that the issues currently being experienced with the O2 can be resolved by software. Maybe that is too optimistic, but I’m hoping that is returns to glory once the kinks are worked out.

5 Likes

As one of the first reviewers who had the chance to check out the O 2 early on, I won’t deny I was shaking my head through most of that LTT’s video.

So, I decided to put my opinion about it out there for anyone who cares (too long for a forum post, as those who know me would expect :)…

4 Likes

Sam,
This was very well written and I liked your approach with your stand on this topic. I am glad to have you in the corner of making things make sense. Thank you for taking the time and letting us know about this! :slight_smile:
Excited for your next big board (or mouse) breakdown my friend!
Be well,

• IC
3 Likes

Thanks Sam!

The other comment from the youtube channel (UpgradeLemonde) is promising too. Sadly, as Sam you mentioned as well, Linus got way bigger attention

Note***: I am aware of Linus’ new video where he discussed poor latency response. Community thinking is his team left the default debounce setting as is, which I believe Glorious sets at 12-16ms(can’t remember exactly but it’s higher than most other company defaults). So that would make total sense as I didnt detect an increased 10-15ms delay over other mice. Especially in AimLabs that does track TTK I wasnt seeing an increase in my average timing over other mice

Anyway rtings test the mouse as well cos it’s in their pipeline

We’ll see how it is looking but for now it kinda sounds bad overall

3 Likes

Well O2 test results are available with early access on rtings. I have no access so I didn’t see the results personally but there is a comment from someone (maybe someone from here)

13 hours ago:

Would it be possible to test how “Debounce Time” in the software affects click latency? Your preliminary numbers show the click latency as nearly three times higher than the Model O wireless and other reviewers have found similar large steps backwards in this area. Some have suggested it’s a high default debounce time causing it (though with how large the initial move latency is as well on this new one it may just be problem with the mouse as a whole).

Stay tuned according to rtings the numbers will be public in a few days (so far not good)

1 Like

I left that comment there, unfortunately I wasn’t able to get in before they had completed testing so I don’t know if they’ll retest anything, maybe they can be convinced to especially if there is a firmware revision. I’d be very interested to see how both Debounce Time and Motion Sync affect the click and motion latency and I imagine they tested at the default (10ms and OFF), but I don’t have the equipment to do those tests myself.

As for the numbers themselves: They found an average click latency of 15.9ms with rather extreme volatility compared to other wireless gaming mice, often spiking all the way up to 25ms. For movement latency, the middle of movement and end of movement delay numbers were fine, equivalent to the Model O Wireless, but the initial delay was significantly higher at 26.6ms.

I have already received my own O2 Wireless and fully updated the firmware. Compared to my Model O Pro and Series One, something about fast flick like movements feels “off” with or without Motion Sync enabled. I haven’t noticed as much of a problem with click latency but I also haven’t actually gone in and tried to play anything like a rhythm shooter on it yet.

2 Likes

Thank you @Siory! :ayayay: those numbers don’t look good

And I don’t think default Debounce Time is the problem. I guess they tested Model O Wireless with the default 10ms Debounce Time as well and you don’t see any problem there

It is still not public… I hope they check it with your suggestions as well but overall it seems there is a problem with O2

@Millions is there any official ack or info about this? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hello guys,

I promise I won’t chew on this bone til the end of time but rtings just released their numbers

Overall gaming got 8.0 score what is not a bad one but sadly the click latency makes the whole deal… undesirable. But lets see the numbers side by side with:

• Glorious Model O2 Wireless
  • Glorious Model O- Wireless
  • Glorious Forge Series One Pro
  • Logitech G PRO X Superlight

Part 1
We gonna start with Click Latency since imho that’s the point of this post

Scores:

• Glorious Model O2 Wireless: 6.6
  • Glorious Model O- Wireless: 8.8
  • Glorious Forge Series One Pro: 8.4
  • Logitech G PRO X Superlight: 9.3

As you can see G PRO got the best score but tbh 8.8 and 8.4 are the same. Wireless click latency for Series One pro is 6.1ms and it’s 4.8ms for Model O-. Yes Logitech rocks with a solid 3.1ms click latency but I am not sure 1.7ms difference gonna matter any time :slight_smile:

However Model O2 wireless click latency is 15.9ms what looks way worse… and even the consistency is worse.

Model O2
Model O-

On the first image (the YELLOW PART) you can see the Model O2 test results and on the second the Model O-. You can notice how consistent Model O- is meanwhile O2 looks like a star wars stormtrooper training ground with the highest results of almost 30 ms

Part 2
The other part where Model O2 falls behind is the sensor latency.

Delay At Half Movement is similar with the previous ones but Delay To Start Of Movement
is almost double of G PRO and significantly higher than Model O- or Series One Pro

You can check the results here: GLORIOUS Model O 2 Wireless Review - RTINGS.com

Debounce time theory
Oh and one important note. Couple of times it was brought up that the Model O2 was tested with a higher debounce time. Rtings tested with 0 ms as you can read here:

This mouse was tested at its maximum polling rate of 1000Hz, with a debounce time of 0ms, and with the latest firmware.

From now on from my pov I think this topic is closed until further notice from Glorious… or a next version :slight_smile:

It’s a good casual gaming mouse but I wouldn’t and cannot recommend for FPS or any competitive ranked game

Cu

2 Likes