Glorious Model O Wireless (1st model) stuttering when Steam is up and Discord is running and focused window

Glorious Model O Wireless (1st model) stuttering when Steam is up and Discord is running and focused window.

So like if I open up Steam and try to go to some settings or just trying to move the mouse cursor randomly while Steam is up, it stutters.

It also happens on Discord but I was able to resolve it at least in Discord when I turned on the Hardware Acceleration. I also did the same in steam but it’s still ‘randomly’ happening in steam.
So now I am just using it with it’s wire which sux honestly :frowning:

Anyone else having this same issue? It just started to happen and this mouse is 2yrs old but still is working 99% fine even sometimes with wire, I hear the usb disconnect/reconnecting sound of windows but that’s rare. It just sux when it happens when you are gaming.

Nothing was changed aside from my location which my rig is kinda near our Wifi Mesh.

My full rig specs below:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8-4.6GHZ 8-Core Processor [Core Performance Boost ON, Precision Boost Overdrive Advanced, PBO Limits Manual, PTT Limit 88W,TDC Limit 80A, EDC Limit 110, Curve Optimizer Negative all cores 30, Load Line Calibration Mode 5]

GPU: AORUS Geforce RTX 3070 Master 8G (rev.2.0)

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF Gold 850W 80+ Full Modular Power Supply MPG-A850GF

Motherboard: MSI B550m Mortar

RAM: Kingston Fury Beast RGB 16x2 3200Mhz Cl 16

Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh C ATX RGB-S Snow

Case Fans/Accessories: ID Cooling XF12025 TRIO 3 in 1 CHASSIS FAN ARGB, Thermalright TL-C12C CPU Cooling 12cm 1550rpm White ARGB Fans, Deepcool GH-01 RGB GPU Anti-Sag

CPU Air Cooler: Jonsbo HX7280 CPU Radiator Air-cooled Tower Computer Desktop 7 Heat Pipe Cooling Fan

Storage 1: Gigabyte Aorus M.2 1TB NVMe Gen4 SSD GP-AG41TB

Storage 2: Samsung QVO 1TB

Keyboard: Keychrone K4 V2 Gateron Brown Switches

MOUSE: Glorious Model O Wireless

Gamepad: Xbox Wireless Controller Stellar Shift Special Edition (Asian)

Headset: Logitech G PRO X Wireless Lightspeed Gaming Headset - Shroud Edition

Speaker: Edifier M1360 2.1 with Subwoofer Speaker

Condenser Mic: RODE Microphones NT1 Kit

Monitor 1: Gigabyte 24F 165hz 1ms IPS Full HD/1080p/1980 x 1080

Monitor 2: BenQ 24’ XL24111 Full HD/1080p/1980 x 1080 vertical ready

USB Wireless Adapater: Comfast wi-fi adapter 5ghz 802.11ac 2.4ghz dual-band wireles (directly connected to the motherboard)

UPS: CyberPower UPS VP1200ELCD UPS 1200VA/720W (usb cable for monitoring is connected directly to the motherboard)

Sorry to hear it’s giving you issues. I would suggest trying some alternate USB ports for your dongle to see if that improves things. If you added any tech recently there can be a little friction also. Something to attempt.

Outside of those suggestions, I would recommend contacting glorious support. I’m just a random person with some ideas. Support should be able to get you pointed in the right direction if my suggestion proves fruitless.

1 Like

Yeah, I tried all possible spare usb ports I have for the dongle. :frowning:
I only changed my location and the issue started but yeah, does the Wifi Mesh near me has some impact? I’m trying to see if I could move it away from my rig.

It works fine when gaming and all, it’s just that if I alt tab and go to steam or discord (if the hardware accel is off), then the issue would happen. It’s just annoying if you multi task, it was not like this before though.

1 Like

It’s hard to say. I’ve had weird issues when I had the dongle in the back of my computer. I moved it to a front usb port and resolved it for me. A buddy of mine would get weird glitches and hitches with his but only on certain games. He moved his dongle and it was resolved.

Do you still have the dongle adapter to get it away from the EMF noise of your computer? That could do the trick too.

All random ideas. If none of them work, hoping support can get you sorted.

So what I did was to plugin the mouse usb wifi adapter to the USB 3.0 near the LAN cable and Type C of my motherboard. It looks like it’s working fine now even on discord, i turned off hw acceleration.
Will see and check if it’s really all good.
Really weird stuff huh, I mean other than that the performance and durability is all good for me lol

1 Like

I really hope that resolves it!

I formatted and installed win11, it is working fine lol not sure if the glorious software got corrupted or what not.

BUT, my new mouse

have issues which it might be firmware related. Waiting for support update as they are coordinating with their devs, will update that thread about it.

As far as the 1st gen of Model O Wireless? It’s still working flawless except the usb cable/connector is kinda off sometimes when using it while charging, it gets disconnected but probably because of the wear and tear of multiple times doing it specially I have RGB lights on it before which consumes more battery power lol.