Glorious Ice Confusion

So im confused. If i touch this pad and get my fingerprints on it will it slow down or effect the Quality of the glide also can i wipe it down with my hand or should i get a special cloth and how often should i clean it.

I just got the pad today 11/22/21

1 Like

You want to avoid touching the Ice mousepad as much as possible, as it will absorb the oils from your hands and fingers. This won’t drastically affect the mousepad at first, but over time as those oils build up, it can affect your mouse sensitivity or glide. You should make sure your hands are clean anytime you’re using it, as they need a little bit of TLC to wash.

You can read cleaning instructions on the paper that came with the mousepad, or here!

Something like a microfiber cloth might not be a bad idea to keep around to help clean it up between uses as well.

5 Likes

So lets say there is a spec of dirt that causes bumps on my mouse what is the best thing to use to get that spec of dirt off?

I mean, if there’s dirt on your mousepad, best bet is to wash it following those directions.

If it’s just dust, use a soft cloth to wipe it off.

1 Like

Ok, appreciate the help thanks a lot have a good day or night!

2 Likes

I used the Elements Ice pad pretty heavily for about 5 months and it held up great.
I did run into an odd issue where the pad started to feel a little sluggish, but it turned out I just wore the PTFE feet on my mouse out. Swapped the feet and havent had any other issues. The glide has been consistent and Ive only needed to clean it once.

3 Likes

I bought each of the Elements pads to try out. Haven’t opened the Fire yet, but I do prefer the Ice over Air. I need to spend some more time with them for sure

2 Likes

I have a lint roller that I use to remove cat hair and whatever gets on my mouse pad. And I regularly vacuum it with a my handheld dyson vac. And every few weeks I’ll throw it in the washing machine. I know there’s arguments about whether to hand wash or not but I’m too lazy to hand wash lol

But yes, over time, it slowly slows down your sens. If you play a lot of FPS then I’d recommend cleaning them regularly. Once you clean it you’ll be able to notice the difference.

2 Likes

I feel like the Ice pad would be one you’d want to put through the washer and dryer the least, due to the infused glass. They recommend that you don’t roll it up, or anything like that.

Masking tape also works if you don’t have a lint roller

2 Likes

infused glass?? I haven’t even looked at it because its too small for me

2 Likes

That’s what they say! It’s got some flex to it, feels soft, so I’m not sure what the process is that they use. It’s not like a SkyPad

And now I can’t stop looking at the bold “fi” in “sacrificing”

4 Likes

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.

2 Likes

Someone on the forum suggested using glass cleaner on the Ice pad when I needed to give it a quick wipe down and it actually worked really well. Just a few sprays on a microfiber towel, a few circles around the pad, and it was dried off after like 10ish minutes.

2 Likes

I think someone else already posted a link to the our blog post with similar instructions, but here’s our help doc on how to clean fire & ice pads :snowflake:

Let me know if you take a crack at cleaning it & how it goes!

2 Likes

wait is it actually cool to the touch? and are the others like that?

1 Like

It did feel pretty cool compared to a cloth pad

yes it is definitely cool to the touch comparing it to my fire pad.

2 Likes

ive just been using a damp microfiber to wipe it down real quick if i notice oils and stuff on mine. its only been half a week but i can say i like the ice pad the most out of them all. paired with my model o wireless and g floats, this thing literally feels like ice!

4 Likes