Discussion of our Glorious new chapter

Hey, y’all! Most of you have probably seen the open letter from our CEO that we shared today. In case you haven’t, you can read the whole thing here.

One of the changes we’ve got coming soon is an expansion of the Guild. We’ll be adding more opportunities for Guild members to get involved in our product development process in the near future.

1. If you’re already a Guild member, thank you for being a part of our community :yellow_heart:
  2. If you’re not a Guild member, you can check your eligibility by logging into your Glorious Account and checking your Guild Status Tracker on the top left

We are so thankful for all of you who make our Forum community an active and positive place! I wanted to open up a discussion thread to hear any questions or comments you have about the future of Glorious. Drop anything you’d like to discuss in the thread!

Can’t wait to chat with y’all and get your thoughts!

-Bear

P.S.

You can sign up for our email notification list to be the first to hear about our upcoming announcement on the blog page.

4 Likes

Jus throwing in my 2 cents

Enhanced Member Exclusivity:
It seems like there isn’t enough emphasis on making the forum/Discord membership more engaging. This forum often feels like a mirror of Keebtalk, and it could be much more unique than that. While we’ve had some generous giveaways open to the public, they often lead to spam. Exclusive events like Forge were introduced but quickly closed, and newcomers like @br33zy seem to disappear.

Improved Moderation:
The moderation team is sizeable, but there appears to be a shortage of active members addressing issues like duplicate posts. A more engaged moderation team can significantly enhance the community’s quality.

Product Updates and Quality Control:
Recent product releases have encountered software issues, with most still in their initial 1.0 versions. To maintain satisfied customers and ensure product quality, a focus on regular updates, new RGB profiles, and feature improvements is essential.

Transparent Product Releases:
I’d appreciate greater transparency in product development and a more organized approach to product launches. It sometimes feels like the community takes a back seat to the design team’s ideas. Despite the promising Forge roadmap, there have been no significant releases this year.

Competitive Innovation:
Glorious doesn’t necessarily need to be innovative right now; it needs to compete with other brands, especially in terms of price-to-performance. Taking a serious look at competitors like Pulsar and Keychron and adopting some of their successful strategies could greatly benefit Glorious. While I appreciate Glorious, recent product releases have left a lot to be desired.

7 Likes

Thank you laying that out so thoughtfully!
I 100% agree with you about making the forum more engaging. We’ve had a few community managers come and go over the last couple of years. The Forum hasn’t gotten all of the love that it deserves.

On your other points, there are going to be more opportunities to provide feedback soon! We truly appreciate community members like you, who provide thoughtful feedback and help us improve. :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

I do agree with a lot of your points here, but as a moderator myself I will add that it has been a bit confusing due to community managers coming and going for a while now. It can be confusing for us to know exactly what is and isn’t allowed, as none of us are Glorious employees. Meaning outside of the obvious stuff we might have to ask and wait for a response and hide a post temporarily. I’d also like to remind you that we are a bit of a small learning team (which I wouldn’t mind if we expanded a bit). Also, a friendly reminder that if anyone sees duplicate posts or anything else that shouldn’t be there to feel free to flag it as it can be hard to remember if a topic has been discussed before. Thank you for all of your feedback, and I think you would like to read this topic it also has been talking about thoughts of about the future of the company!

4 Likes

I totally get where you’re coming from, and I want to say that I have a lot of respect for the moderators and the work they do. It’s great that you pointed out the challenges you face, as it’s a reminder that clear guidelines and sufficient resources are essential for moderators to thrive. I’m glad you voiced this

3 Likes

Yeah, the fact that our points of contact have changed so frequently has not helped. I also feel like we (the MODs) need a better way to communicate with Glorious directly. Sometimes I ask for assistance and I get a response immediately, other times it can take between 3-5 days.

4 Likes

I appreciate y’all bringing up these points about moderation! Moderating this forum is a responsibility that falls to us as a company. It’s on us to set the mods up for success an d give them the resources that they need.

Any feedback about moderation should be directed toward Glorious, specifically toward me while I’m filling in. Please remember that mods are volunteers and we’re very lucky to have them :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

I don’t know if I have much to add to the conversation, outside of the fact that I am agreement with essentially all that has been stated. And wanted to thank @ice for kicking off the conversation. Looking forward to what comes next!

3 Likes

Exciting! Can’t wait to see what’s up next.

3 Likes

Beautifully said

3 Likes

Sounds like this week will have much news to discuss. Really curious what is on the horizon

4 Likes

:eyes: :eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Contrary to a lot of people, I always loved the idea of the forge - while they products were never felt quite unique enough to warrant small runs/group buys, it’s pretty clear ya’ll we’re just starting to get cooking.

That being said, with the follow up announcement on the MOP and MDP coming into the regular line up it’s pretty obvious how important feedback from the community was to everyone.

Took a while to get here, but super excited for the future. Now give us a standard line of the Series One Pro! I still kick myself not being able to get one!

1 Like